“Ambiance superceds the dining experience”

Artisanal Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Artisanal Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 49 Restaurants in Banner Elk
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Hwy 184
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Starting with the Valet Parking (not optional) and the inside artsy decor there is no doubt this is the best in Banner Elk. The Wait staff is very attentive and disciplined. The wine on the list is expensive but expansive. If judging the food on a scale of 1 to 10,,,7 is the average collective number from the 4 of us, for the culinary expertise. This is the high country's finest. If dining for comfort food,, not a great choice,,, but if your wanting an impressive night out in Banner Elk, North Carolina,,, this is the place!!! Small portions of artful cuisine that taste great. Pricy,,, but worth a Special night out!!!!

There are newer reviews for Artisanal Restaurant

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We ate at this restaurant a week ago tonight and I am still thinking about it! Gorgeous setting, gorgeous room, fabulous service and food! My husband and I went with six others and everyone loved the food and service. I had the beet salad with goat cheese foam....and the beet tenderloin with bacon Mac and cheese. All delicious! They also had my favorite wine..The Prisoner available by the bottle. I was happy!

1  Thank Jennifer B
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Dined there for birthday celebration! The service, food,and atmosphere are the Best! Love the Beet Salad! The fish special and lamb were as good as any place we have been! Artisanal has a cozy mountain feel with NYC food and presentation! Treat yourself and that special someone!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

I am local to the high country and have avoided this place until recently because I was under the assumption it was pricey and unattainable for anyone other than the super rich, however I was mistaken. After living in several major US cities I found the prices to be relatively less than what I have paid many times in the past. Valet parking is always a plus in my book. Dining here was truly a treat that I hope to make a more regular occurrence. The ambiance is that of renovated barn...it is luxurious without being arrogant. The food is immaculately prepared and presented, with wait staff courteous and well informed of the product. The selection of white wines could be better; I thought the amount of Chardonnay offered was a bit over kill. Don't expect big portions because that's not what this place is about; if that's what you're looking for go somewhere else. This is about taste and visual pleasure. I will be going back to enjoy some wine on the back porch, on a comfy couch by the fire pit, watching the creek roll by. Don't shy away from this place...INDULGE yourself, spouse, and special guests:)

1  Thank alilly5
Reviewed June 28, 2013

This is worth the drive to the mountains. The bucolic setting overlooks pastures and the hills surrounding Banner Elk. There is outdoor seating available. The staff was enthusiastic and attentive with a team spirit and an unfeigned work ethic. They frequently refilled our water glasses, cleared each courses and presented entrees hot and all guests served simultaneously at our table. Our waitress was delightful. The chef trained at CIA in NY and was a chef in other major cities before coming back home where he grew up in Banner Elk. The restaurant was built in 2008, so it is a new building with an old look. The seating is upholstered so sound is absorbed well, and we were able to enjoy intimate conversation without overhearing other guests. My salmon was moist and the spaghetti squash and pickled green tomatoes were a flavorful complement. My mother-in-law enjoyed the duck with warm cherry walnut bread pudding. My husband's bison steak was in his words, "Excellent. Excellent." I wish I could have the recipe for the amazing mac n cheese that came with his steak! We called ahead for a last minute reservation, and they seated us at 8:30 PM, which is late for mountain restaurants. Also, noticed a table near us enjoying a wine tasting after their meal. This place has it all -- mountain charm and gourmet food. We are from Atlanta, and I have never had a better restaurant experience.