“Barely Average”

Stonewalls Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 51 Restaurants in Banner Elk
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The High Country's Premier Steak and Seafood Restaurant for over 30 years. Featuring an award wining wine list, regional beers and craft cocktails. Indoor and covered outdoor seating available. Private room available for events.
Reviewed January 27, 2012

There are much better steaks and food to be had in the area

Reviewed January 1, 2012

Steaks and dessert were very good! No complaints about the food at all. We were there news years eve (so it may have been a fluke) but the atmosphere was a little disappointing. Definitely a family restaurant, lots of children and large loud groups, which we didn’t know beforehand so perhaps that was our mistake. Not as upscale as the prices suggested.

Reviewed December 16, 2011

Pretty restaurant, but...
Everyone raved about the salad bar (including the wait staff,) but when we turned the corner it was just a simple salad bar($10)...lettuce all the veggie fixings, but no meats or anything special about it at all.
My app, which I ate as a meal,was not done properly($9). And my husband's was ok. I guess when you order food with flavor here, the flavor comes on the side (i.e. teryaki chicken came w plain grilled chicken and teryaki on the side.) Kind of strange for a ($16) meal.
Don't go here if you're on vacation and you're not watching your salt intake.

Reviewed August 27, 2011

We are happy a friend recommend this restaurant. I just love the atmosphere. I had the prime rib, it was cooking perfectly, and delicious. The salad bar was very good. It's more of an upscale salad bar filled with fresh items, including hearts of palm. My wife and I will definitely be back.

Reviewed July 13, 2011

Compared to what it used to be Stonewalls is on a fast decline. Their prime ribs used to be cooked to perfection and at a decent price, now the food is lacking and the price seems to have doubled. However, I will say the salad bar is still exceptional but I wouldn't go there just for the salad bar. On our last visit the prime rib was so tough it made me lose my appetite, the potato was only half baled, and they charged us for the salad bar. I overheard the waitress trying to explain lowering the price of the overall entree and then charging for the salad bar to another table near us. Apparently a lot of people are taken aback by the changes and honestly I had heard some bad reviews from people around the town who had always gone to Stonewalls for a meal. I should have taken their advice and gone somewhere else. I was very displeased with paying over $200 (for a party of 5 and everyone had a complaint about their food) for the meal that we recieved. Stonewalls used to be a place that I would take visiting out of town family, friends, and business colleagues for a good meal but not now!

3  Thank travelingal1979