“Ate here twice while in Banner Elk”

Banner Elk Cafe & Lodge
Ranked #4 of 50 Restaurants in Banner Elk
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed July 7, 2014

While we were in Banner Elk we ate here once for lunch and another time for dinner. Both meals were very good. My wife is gluten free and they had gluten free pizza dough so she could get a small pizza which is sometimes hard to find. The service was good and both times we ate outside since the weather was nice.

Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

My family had pasta Alfredo, a burger, 2 French dips, fruit, and veggies. Everything was just okay - nothing to brag about, and nothing to complain about.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

In downtown Banner Elk, there's a great outdoor patio shared by the Banner Elk Cafe, Lodge and Espresso bar. Visitors can bring their well-behaed dogs on leash, and can order off either menu and expect to have a super meal in a relaxed and nice environment. Our waiter brought our dog a big bowl of water (plus another staff member brought him a slice of crispy bacon, so that dog was in absolute heaven). The humans ate superb pizza (nice thin crust, the way I like it), grilled chicken sandwiches, grilled salmon and hearty salads. The patio area was surrounded by lovely flowering plants. There was also plenty of seating on a covered porch and also indoors, for folks who are not as nuts about dogs as we are. Parking was plentiful nearby, and free. This place was casual enough that we could wear shorts and sneakers while bringing our dog along, and it was also nice and upscale enough that you'd feel right at home if you had on a dress or natty golf attire. Food offerings ranged from burgers/pizza/sandwiches to very nice entrees; there was a good beer and wine selection too. This is definitely a great place to go in Banner Elk.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

If your looking for a quality meal that is reasonably priced stop into the Banner Elk Cafe & Lodge. The owners are hands on and really make the effort to get to know their guests. Sunday is a great day to stop into the cafe. Starting at noon, the Sunday special is always hot turkey with all the trimmings or southern fried chicken! We have enjoyed both. The Lodge has great pizza, daily specials and did I mention the coffee bar? Enjoy!

2  Thank Vistas317
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We have been for breakfast many times - best in the area and decided to go for dinner. Yummy Yummy Yummy, I ordered the chicken quesadillas and my husband ordered a steak with the most amazing and delicious sauce on it... I could tell it was great just by looking at the presentation of the food. After one bite I could see the look on his face... so was dying to try. Oh my gosh... amazing chef at this place. My quesadillas were excellent as well with fresh ingredients. Will be going back on a regular basis and not just for breakfast anymore.

Also you need to be careful of their desserts... you just can't help yourself when you walk buy the refrigerated pastry case... yes splurge and split a piece of anything you see in that case... it is all excellent. Checkout their facebook page.

1  Thank DSCarroll1