“The food is OK but the DolcedeLeche cake is addictive”

Banner Elk Cafe & Lodge
Ranked #4 of 50 Restaurants in Banner Elk
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We have been here a few times and the food has been decent to fairly good (we keep expectations low when on vacation!) My burger was good but they forgot the mustard, the pizza was standard and the pastas were good but the portions enormous!
The coffee has been always good, which is a big plus for us but the dolce de leche cake they sell at their coffee counter is to die for. We loved it so much that we took some to-go for our car ride back home!! Whether you try the food or not, definitely try the cake :)

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Food was good for the selection you had to choice from. Would recommend not setting next to the door if in the winter months.

Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

The Lodge is attached to its sister restaurant Banner Elk Cafe. When you come to eat there you get both menus and you can also order desserts or drinks from the espresso bar. Next door they also have an ice cream shop that's open in the summer. When ordering, be careful about ordering from different menus, it tends to come out at different times depending on the business. I love coming here to get drinks and have a bite to eat or even just to study. The staff is usually very kind, especially the long term ones. They often have new people, so give it a few tries. The pasta is great.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

We had gone there after a day at Ski Beech and was very hungry! Well, we were not disappointed at all. You should try this little gem if you are in the area, it is not hard to find at all, it is at the traffic light as you turn to go to Ski Beech. Three of us had the Meat Loaf Sandwich and one had a Corn Dog. When the Meat Loaf Sandwich came out, you should have seen our faces, we all thought it was a hamburger! When we bit into it, it was indeed meatloaf and it was wonderful! We all said after eating that we wanted to come back here the next time we came up this way,the server was very friendly and she provided very good service!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We went for breakfast on a Saturday. I had an omelet and my husband had the steak and eggs. I had asked the waitress which omelet she would recommend, the western or Mexican.. She recommended the Western and that's what I ordered. My husband requested to have his biscuit and gravy brought out before the food. The biscuit and the gravy came and it was really good, I couldn't help but taste a bit too. Our food came and we both enjoyed it very much. I am a good cook myself and I get picky about food at times, and this was one of those times. I do have some recommendations for the omelets that include onions and peppers. I would recommend to change the green pepper to a red pepper because it has a sweeter taste. Also, both need to be chopped a bit more, because I found very big pieces of onion in my omelet. Other than that, we had a good experience! We will definitely go back when we are in Banner Elk.