All reviews wine tasting tasting room great wine buy a bottle rolling hills other guests the barn each morning fire pit beautiful setting wedding terri sorrentos fireplace porch bonfire fall
Reviewed June 17, 2016 via mobile

I highly suggest a visit to this winery. It is in a lovely spot. The staff is always pleasant and the wines are great. I am not normally a Rose' drinker but the one here is truly wonderful! It is comfy inside if it is raining, but with lots of lovely outdoor seating if the day is nice.

Date of stay: June 2016
Reviewed May 16, 2016

My girlfriend and I went to Boone for a romantic weekend. The Banner Elk Winery was high on our list for a fun activity. We had fun, despite our experience at the winery. It started poorly when our wine pourer, Dave, only had eyes for my GF. We were clearly a couple, but Dave was only talking to her. I wasn't jealous, it was actually almost funny, but RUDE. At one point I wanted to wave my hand in front of his eyes and say, "hey buddy, there's two of us here". The actual wines were not that impressive, despite their award winning status. We finished with a summer sangria. Dave told us it was only complete when the fruit was at it's freshest and most ripe. Only then did they make the sangria. A minute later, after he left the bar, a woman who also worked there told us how to make that sangria, and told us with pride that it was easy, as they use frozen fruit. All this for a single $8 glass that was a quarter glass full.
My girlfriend and I had a great time despite the conduct of the staff and the average taste of the wines. They did have an excellent musician playing guitar outside. He was great!

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank JHDiamond07
Reviewed May 1, 2016 via mobile

This place was the bomb dot com....the staff, atmosphere, scenery, and the grounds were outstanding....the Blueberry was the best in my opinion...don't miss this place on your list of stops....very easy to find as well...

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
BannerElkWinery, Marketing assistant at Banner Elk Winery & Villa, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2016

Thank you, for reviewing our winery and villa.
We are glad that you were satisfied with our services and hope you will come back soon, to enjoy not only the blueberry wine but the other ones as well.

Reviewed April 27, 2016 via mobile

This winery is not only beautiful on the outside, but on the inside as well! It seems to be almost a hidden jewel, as it is tucked away within the town of Banner Elk. My sister, mom and I went to this winery somewhat expecting a typical wine tasting experience, but got much more! Beth Marlowe welcomed us right away so warmly and got us set up right away. She created the most phenomenal atmosphere for my family and I with her kind spirit and just a feeling of being so welcomed. The wine could have been terrible, but we would have never noticed because of Beth's ability to connect!! However, the wine was absolutely AMAZING! Both the whites and reds were equally tantalizing! But, my very favorite was the most unique red wine I have ever tasted. It is called Marechal Foch, and is literally my favorite wine in the entire world!!! Phenomenal!!!! Thank you Banner Elk for the most incredible wine, and thank you Beth for the most incredible experience!!

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family

Thanks Alicia for taking the time to write the review.

We are really happy that Beth did such a wonderful job when connecting with you, and created such a great atmosphere for you to enjoy our winery and villa.
We are delighted that you liked our wines and hope you will come back soon, or at least order some more wines for the events, you plan in the future.
Looking forward to seeing you back!

Reviewed April 25, 2016 via mobile

My sister, mom, and I visited Banner Elk Winery just last week during our vacation. It was one of the highlights of our trip! Beth Marlowe was our event specialist who took the time to make our visit so special and make us feel so welcome. We were very impressed with the quality and unique flavors of each wine tasted. For award-winning wine, the prices were very reasonable! I highly recommend putting this on the top three places to visit when in this area!

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
BannerElkWinery, Marketing Assistant at Banner Elk Winery & Villa, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2016

Thanks for taking the time to complete this review for Banner Elk Winery and Villa.

We are delighted you enjoyed our place and wines as well. Beth Marlowe is indeed a great event specialist and host​.
Hope to see you back soon!
Please remember that you can order our wines to enjoy them wherever you are :-)