All reviews wine tasting tasting room great wine buy a bottle other guests the barn each morning fire pit common areas jacuzzi tub beautiful setting wedding terri sorrentos mountains fireplace porch
Reviewed August 1, 2015

This is just a warm, beautiful place and we loved our stay here. We stayed in the Chardonnay Room, which is a very nice size with a lovely bath room. Each room is appointed just beautifully and is named for different wines. Loved that! Terry and her staff make a delicious breakfast and you have use of the kitchen if you want to make your own coffee any time of the day. They are there to help if needed, but it's just like being in your own comfortable home. We will definitely be going back. Thank you, Terry, and staff for a beautiful time! John and MaryJayne D'Orazio

Room tip: Some of the rooms are upstairs, which is where we stayed and we loved that!
Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2015

My now-husband and I first visited the Winery and Villa in 2013 for my birthday and immediately knew, we wanted to get married there(we weren't even engaged at the time.) Fast forward almost two years to April 2015, and we were getting married there.

After a few initial hiccups in the beginning of the planning stages, which we started in January 2014, everything went smoothly. Terri really made sure everything we needed was taken care of. As we live in Florida, planning an out of state wedding isn't easy. Terri made sure to provide recommendations for vendors, who all turned out to be great. I know this isn't a wedding review site, so I will try to stay on topic of the property.

The house on site could not be more perfect. It fits the winery theme so well and it's beautiful. Each room has it's own bathroom and all are a great size. We stayed in the Seyval Blanc suite for my birthday and of course had to stay there on our wedding night, because I'm sentimental.

The winery staff, mainly Zander and another lady whose name I hate that I can't remember because she was such a blast, made sure everyone at my reception was having a good time, and really helped clean up the night of and after.

The wine is great, the staff is great, the views are amazing.

There's not much about this place that you can't love.

Room tip: I would recommend the suite downstairs, it has great views.
Date of stay: April 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Ashley R
Reviewed July 15, 2015 via mobile

We traveled with family and stayed at the town house in downtown Banner elk instead of the winery itself. It's an absolutely beautiful home. Very clean and well stocked. If you traveling with a larger group this is a very good option.

For breakfast we were given option to either come to the winery or eat at the Italian restaurant. We did the Italian restaurant.

The winery was very quaint and had a nice seating around the fire in the evenings. We will definitely visit again.

Date of stay: May 2015
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2015

We stayed at the Villa the last few days of our honeymoon on our way back to Chicago and enjoyed ourselves so much we stayed one more night to enjoy a festival that was happening at the winery. First of all the customer service is top notch. By the end of our first day we felt like we were friends with the entire staff. They were knowledgeable and so fun!

We stayed in the Alicante Barrel Suite and it was beautiful & spacious. We had a fireplace and private patio with a gorgeous view which we utilized the most. Breakfast served each morning was delicious! We were unsure how we felt about a "B & B" but it was anything but typical. We had as much privacy as we wanted. It was so laid back and exactly what we wanted on our honeymoon!

Zander gave us a great tour of the winery and how it all came about. Dylan played music all 3 days we were there and very much enjoyed listening to him. Made drinking wine even better.

Terri, Cindy, Taylor, Emily, Zander, Dylan and Rachel were just awesome. Truly made the our stay more enjoyable.

We will be back again, sooner than later!

Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Amy S
Reviewed May 3, 2015 via mobile

My wife and I went to Banner Elk winery for a long weekend. It was the most relaxing trip we have taken in a long time. The Winery is beautiful. The Bed and Breakfast is awesome and the rooms were really nice. Everybody at the Winery was top notch and as nice as could be.

Date of stay: September 2014
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sloaniegeorge