Banner Elk Winery & Villa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
The Pinnacle Inn(Beech Mountain)
Cedar Village(Beech Mountain)
The Branches(Banner Elk)
Sugartop Resort(Banner Elk)
View Hotel
All reviewswine tastinggreat winetake homebuy a bottlerolling hillsvery special placefire pitterriweddingfireplacesorrentosscenerypondskiing
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 17, 2012

My husband and I were lucky enough to visit and stay one night at the Villa. We were in the Alicante Barrel room and it is fabulous! The views were unbeatable and the room had a Camelot and Tuscan look and feel. So memorable! As the other reviews say, the Villa is so welcoming and warm with wonderful views. Banner Elk is right down the road and it is a charming, fun town. Breakfast was great! And when we arrived, there was a sweet note in the kitchen asking us to help ourselves to a homemade (definitely) apple cheesecake. It was yummy! We're going back as soon as we can and would recommend the Villa and Winery to everyone.

Room Tip: The Alicante Barrel and Zinfandel King Suites are our favorites. Views are wonderful and you can go outside your room to an outdoor area.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We stayed at the Villa the weekend of Sept 28/29/30 and it was wonderful! We were in the Chardonnay Suite upstairs and our friends were in the Seyval Blanc Suite on the main level. The rooms were beautifully decorated and spacious and the views of the surrounding hillsides were absolutely beautiful with a slight change of fall color in the leaves. The beds were very comfortable with memory foam mattresses and the robes that are provided for guest use are so comfy, soft & warm! It was rainy the weekend we were there, but that didn't stop us from having a great time!
Friday evening after arriving we dined at Zuzdas which is a tapas bar & restaurant. Then we went back to the Villa for a good nights rest because we had planned alot of things for Saturday.
On Saturday AM, we had the breakfast provided by the Villa which was blueberry pancakes, fruit, bacon, coffee, juice, yogurt, muffins or pasteries, etc. Very good meal! Then the ladies went to a local spa for massages & facials. (you can book spa services to come to the Villa, but they are alot more expensive and the Serenity Spa is only about 8 minutes away) After the spa, we returned to the Villa to shower and dress for the day. The winery was open so we decided to walk over for a wine tasting and bought 4 different bottles of wine that we liked. The winery is a very spacious, nicely decorated building with a large bar that will accommodate about 10 or 15 people at a time.
We then went to a local diner for a light lunch and afterwards drove to Valle Crusis to visit the 2 Mast General Stores. Being a rainy Saturday, I think everyone else had the same idea, so it was very crowded. After a several hours of browsing and shopping, we made a few purchases and decided to go back to the Villa to rest or take a nap before going out to dinner at Louisiana Purchase.
Sunday morning they served a very hearty breakfast with french toast, eggs, bacon, fruit, yogurt, coffee, juice and biscuits, etc. After walking around the grounds and taking a few pictures, then it was time to check out an go home.
Our stay was very enjoyable, relaxing and the views were beautiful. The main level of the Villa has lots of sofas and chairs for sitting and reading or having conversations with friends and other guests. Sitting by the fireplace on a chilly rainy morning or afternoon sipping coffee was delightful!
The staff was very friendly and talkative and if we had any questions, they were happy to help.
The only thing I was surprised to find was a mildewed shower curtain in our bathroom. I would have thought they would either try to clean or replace something like that instead of leaving it for guests to use. Other than that, I would highly recommend this place for a nice relaxing, romantic weekend.

Room Tip: We looked in most of the rooms and they are all beautiful. Some are larger than others, a few have fireplaces and one is designated as a handicap room with a ramp, so room choice is just a personal preference or based on how much you want to pay, as the larger rooms are more expensive.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We stayed at the Banner Elk Winery and Villa for a weekend in September to celebrate my husbands birthday. The Inn is so welcoming, with wonderful views and lovely outdoor spaces which include a large porch with rockers and comfortable seating - perfect for a morning coffee or afternoon glass of wine. The indoor common area was also nicely appointed, with comfortable seating and soothing music playing. Our room was just perfect - with high ceilings, beautiful furnishings, and an extremely comfortable Tempurpedic bed with high thread count linens. Our room had a large jetted tub which we used both nights, and very nice toiletries. The provided robes were awesome, and so comfortable to lounge around in - I meant to ask if I could purchase one they were that special. Everyone who worked at the Inn was friendly and helpful, but also non-intrusive (you did not feel like you lacked privacy if you wanted it). When we arrived Jackie met us with a smile, showed us to our room and invited us to an art gallery event she was attending that evening. The breakfasts were delicious - and we especially appreciated Michelle and Jackie for creating a special breakfast alternative (that was delicious) and met our diet restrictions. The included wine tastings were wonderful, and we especially loved the blueberry balsamic vinegar and herb infused oils that were also available at the tasting room. We had a great stay, the area is beautiful and we enjoyed exploring the small towns around Banner Elk and then coming back to this beautiful and welcoming Inn. We will definitely visit again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I have traveled the world and I can hardly believe that one of my most favorite places that I have ever visited is Banner Elk Winery & Villa in Banner Elk, NC. I had a chance to stay in several of the rooms and each one has something special about it, though my favorite is definitely the Cabernet Grand Suite, which comes with a fireplace and jacuzzi. My husband and I loved the property the second we stepped foot on it and found it nearly impossible to leave. The chef Jackie is quite possibly the most amazing chef I have ever encountered. Her breakfasts are life changing. I also highly recommend trying out the amazing spa and winery as well. This will be a trip you will never forget!

Room Tip: Splurge on the Cabernet Grand Suite, it's worth every penny!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AMPdL
Reviewed September 17, 2012

The best part of this B&B experience was the breakfast. Jaclyn the chef is an excellent cook and very bubbly and personable. Breakfast was most certainly the highlight of our stay. The food was tasty, hearty, wholesome, and filling. Plenty of choices each morning such as scones, pancakes, eggs, potatoes, bacon, and fresh fruit. She even prepared homemade cookies and blueberry pie one afternoon so everyone could have a treat after returning from their dinner. I felt that Jaclyn was the one representation of "luxury" during our stay.

Other positives include:
* The public rooms and porches are inviting and spacious
* The view from our room was lovely
* The bath towels were very soft and thick
* Snacks available throughout the day, including tea and coffee, popcorn, salty snack mix, and chocolate treats

We had some cons that led to the "Average" rating, pertaining primarily to our room, but I have direct those comments to the B&Bs management rather than stating them here.

Room Tip: Rooms at rear of house overlook a pond and the mountain. Very scenic.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple