“No Whitewater Only FLOATING!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Edge of the World
Ranked #1 of 2 Tours in Banner Elk
Dallas, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“No Whitewater Only FLOATING!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Our group of 3 decided to go with Edge of the World due to their positive reviews from this very website! When we called to make our reservation we spoke to a very energetic man who ensured us that this would be a big White Water trip! It is NOT! There was one class 2 rapid that we could carry our boat back up river and run the rapid again. Not my Idea of fun! This rafting trip is 5 miles of floating! We will not be back!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank JJ W

Wadmalaw Island, South Carolina, United States
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“A hoot and holler”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

This was my first white water rafting experience. I thoroughly enjoyed it and can't wait to find an outfit that will do a two day excursion with camping. The trip with Edge of the World was fun and something that a family can do. I think that it is more fun if you are with other people that you know. The guides are very good and are cracking jokes constantly on the bus rides to and from the drop off and pick up points. I appreciate their humor but after a few hours out on the river, I really wanted to just sit and reflect on the trip. I didn't feel the need to be constantly entertained. The lunch was good and there was great care taken to not leave any trace of our presence. No plates or napkins or plastic used which was good. They get an A+ for being so minimalist with the set up for lunch. Our guide, Anthony, was very good and all the fellows seem to enjoy their work and have enormous enthusiasm. This trip made me want to do another trip that would be on class 3-4 rapids and overnight.

Visited August 2013
Fort Pierce, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Rafting Fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

Edge of the World Rafting is amazing! They provide entertainment, a wonderful home-cooked lunch, and a unique chance to run the river's class 3 rapids as many times as you want. They are kid friendly, funny, and very safety conscious. They provide great pictures of your adventure and a super variety of shirts and other rafting items to purchase. They also have rock climbing, which I am anxious to try. I have been rafting many times each summer with grandchildren and friends for many years, and I have always and will continue to go with Edge of the World! They are the best!

Visited July 2013
“What a great time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

These guys do it right! Trey and Ben were awesome! We highly recommend these guys and will definitely do it again...thanks for the great memories!!! You guys are great!

Visited June 2013
Lake Wales, Fl
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Good outfitters”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

I have used the folks at Edge of the World for many white water rafting trips. They are comparable to Nantahala Outdoor Center in professionalism and experience. Those were the only two outfitters I would use when my children were small because I have confidence in their abilities and their guides do not get too far out of control.

Visited July 2012