“If you like laid back,good food with local atmosphere year round, this is it.”

Bayou Smokehouse & Grill
Ranked #6 of 49 Restaurants in Banner Elk
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Open since 2003, The Bayou offers Authentic Cajun and Texas Cuisine served in a casual, comfortable atmosphere. Outdoor, dog-friendly deck dining in the summer, fireplace dining in the winter. Free WiFi, Children's Menu and Wine Amnesty available. Adjacent Bayou General Store offering Beer, Wine, Locally Made Items, Souvenir Mementos and more. Please see the Bayou Smokehouse & Grill, Banner Elk Facebook Page for Specials, Live Music, Events and area information.
Tallahassee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If you like laid back,good food with local atmosphere year round, this is it.”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We are "part timers" in Banner Elk but have always found a welcome spot at the Bayou. It is a favorite with locals as well as tourists. It you want sport coats and fancy - don't come. If happy hour when the guys get off work is okay, a warm welcome on a snowy night after skiing or sitting and having a brew from the good beer selection while watching dogs and children play, corn hole pitching contests and the sound of the Whip Daddies playing, come on over. Oh yeah - the food is good.

• Visited June 2014

Wilmington, North Carolina
“Pretty good but nothing spectacular.”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Went here for a late dinner. Was told by one of the hotel staff that this place had the best brisket. I ordered the Brisket Po Boy and my husband ordered the brisket plate. Good portion of food, but brisket was fatty and the zucchini fries I got with it were swimming in grease. Local beers were good though. Service was pretty good

Visited May 2014
1 Thank JAB40
LINVILLE
“Nice variety of good food”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Locals in this area know that the food choices after 9:00 p.m. are very limited. This restaurant serves until 11 or 11:30; so, it is an option for us night owls. I had the chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes with gravy and zucchini fries and my friend had the MOS burger (which I sampled and it was awesome!) The mashed potatoes were very flavorful. To be a "side dish" they really were outstanding. The food was all delicious and served quickly. The restaurant/bar was very busy at 11:00 but we were acknowledged promptly. Sometimes being among the last few tables of the food service hours, one worries that the service and/or food will be sloppy. That was not the case at all. We received friendly service, good food and will return in the future.

• Visited May 2014
Apex
“You will never see me again!”
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

I've been to this restaurant over a dozen times. My personal experience has been mixed to this point. After being seated we sat for 10 minutes without ever being acknowledged again. After repeated looks by the staff it was obvious we were not going to be served drinks or food. Considering the lack of options in this town I'm extremely disappointed in the service and attitude of the staff. My only good experience was the evening that we met the owner. By the service, cleanliness and focus on the bar it is obvious that the owner no longer manages her own restaurant.

Spartanburg, South Carolina
“OUTSTANDING Casual Dining!”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

My wife & I had a late lunch here recently..the service was fast & friendly. We had the day's lunch special, a delicious salt & pepper seasoned tilapia & grilled zuccihnni that were probably the best that I have ever tasted! And VERY reasonable. The craft beers were ice-cold also. As a plus....the attached store was really interesting..lots of cool stuff! Hats off to this excellent eatery!.

• Visited April 2014