“Pretty good but nothing spectacular.”

Bayou Smokehouse & Grill
Ranked #8 of 51 Restaurants in Banner Elk
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Open since 2003, The Bayou offers Authentic Cajun and Texas Cuisine served in a casual, comfortable atmosphere. Outdoor, dog-friendly deck dining in the summer, fireplace dining in the winter. Free WiFi, Children's Menu and Wine Amnesty available. Adjacent Bayou General Store offering Beer, Wine, Locally Made Items, Souvenir Mementos and more. Please see the Bayou Smokehouse & Grill, Banner Elk Facebook Page for Specials, Live Music, Events and area information.
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Went here for a late dinner. Was told by one of the hotel staff that this place had the best brisket. I ordered the Brisket Po Boy and my husband ordered the brisket plate. Good portion of food, but brisket was fatty and the zucchini fries I got with it were swimming in grease. Local beers were good though. Service was pretty good

1  Thank JAB40

Reviewed May 10, 2014

Locals in this area know that the food choices after 9:00 p.m. are very limited. This restaurant serves until 11 or 11:30; so, it is an option for us night owls. I had the chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes with gravy and zucchini fries and my friend had the MOS burger (which I sampled and it was awesome!) The mashed potatoes were very flavorful. To be a "side dish" they really were outstanding. The food was all delicious and served quickly. The restaurant/bar was very busy at 11:00 but we were acknowledged promptly. Sometimes being among the last few tables of the food service hours, one worries that the service and/or food will be sloppy. That was not the case at all. We received friendly service, good food and will return in the future.

Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

I've been to this restaurant over a dozen times. My personal experience has been mixed to this point. After being seated we sat for 10 minutes without ever being acknowledged again. After repeated looks by the staff it was obvious we were not going to be served drinks or food. Considering the lack of options in this town I'm extremely disappointed in the service and attitude of the staff. My only good experience was the evening that we met the owner. By the service, cleanliness and focus on the bar it is obvious that the owner no longer manages her own restaurant.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

My wife & I had a late lunch here recently..the service was fast & friendly. We had the day's lunch special, a delicious salt & pepper seasoned tilapia & grilled zuccihnni that were probably the best that I have ever tasted! And VERY reasonable. The craft beers were ice-cold also. As a plus....the attached store was really interesting..lots of cool stuff! Hats off to this excellent eatery!.

1  Thank Randall S
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Great for brunch, always open which can be a problem in Banner Elk. Owners always present, staff friendly and responsive. The food can be highly seasoned but tasty. It is children friendly.