“You will never see me again!”

Bayou Smokehouse & Grill
Ranked #6 of 49 Restaurants in Banner Elk
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Open since 2003, The Bayou offers Authentic Cajun and Texas Cuisine served in a casual, comfortable atmosphere. Outdoor, dog-friendly deck dining in the summer, fireplace dining in the winter. Free WiFi, Children's Menu and Wine Amnesty available. Adjacent Bayou General Store offering Beer, Wine, Locally Made Items, Souvenir Mementos and more. Please see the Bayou Smokehouse & Grill, Banner Elk Facebook Page for Specials, Live Music, Events and area information.
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

I've been to this restaurant over a dozen times. My personal experience has been mixed to this point. After being seated we sat for 10 minutes without ever being acknowledged again. After repeated looks by the staff it was obvious we were not going to be served drinks or food. Considering the lack of options in this town I'm extremely disappointed in the service and attitude of the staff. My only good experience was the evening that we met the owner. By the service, cleanliness and focus on the bar it is obvious that the owner no longer manages her own restaurant.

There are newer reviews for Bayou Smokehouse & Grill

Reviewed April 18, 2014

My wife & I had a late lunch here recently..the service was fast & friendly. We had the day's lunch special, a delicious salt & pepper seasoned tilapia & grilled zuccihnni that were probably the best that I have ever tasted! And VERY reasonable. The craft beers were ice-cold also. As a plus....the attached store was really interesting..lots of cool stuff! Hats off to this excellent eatery!.

1  Thank Randall S
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Great for brunch, always open which can be a problem in Banner Elk. Owners always present, staff friendly and responsive. The food can be highly seasoned but tasty. It is children friendly.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

The MOS burger was one of the best burgers we've ever had. Great place to go for beer and a good bar for hanging out. They do not do specialty drinks. Too cold to sit outside but I'm sure it must be very enjoyable in warmer weather. We had lunch there and took wings and salad back to the hotel for dinner. Went back for drinks and sandwiches another night.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

This was my first time visiting this area and there was limited to places to eat, but that's okay the food & service at the Bayou was great.