“Gotta try the smoke house combo”

Bayou Smokehouse & Grill
Ranked #6 of 49 Restaurants in Banner Elk
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Open since 2003, The Bayou offers Authentic Cajun and Texas Cuisine served in a casual, comfortable atmosphere. Outdoor, dog-friendly deck dining in the summer, fireplace dining in the winter. Free WiFi, Children's Menu and Wine Amnesty available. Adjacent Bayou General Store offering Beer, Wine, Locally Made Items, Souvenir Mementos and more. Please see the Bayou Smokehouse & Grill, Banner Elk Facebook Page for Specials, Live Music, Events and area information.
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Great service, great atmosphere and their smoke house bbq is excellent. Thxs Roni-Lee for the amazing service!

1  Thank jasontd101
There are newer reviews for Bayou Smokehouse & Grill

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Staying across the street, this was the choice of our innkeepers. They said it would be a good dinner. They were right the first night, so we followed their recommendation and headed to the Bayou.

It was a little loud, being that the bar was crowded, but the food was superb.

I am a creature of habit and like returning to places that are good, the Bayou will be added a a frequent stop whenever in Banner Elk.

1  Thank Jamie G
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Didn't know what to expect. Had heard great things, but needed to try it out for myself. The food was fabulous. Transported me to warmer climate in my mind by eating the wonderful creations from Louisiana. Of course I had to sample what my friends had ordered as well. Our waiter, Walter, took wonderful care of us. He kept checking to make sure that we were enjoying our selections, and asked if the kitchen had done a good job. I loved that! Very creative way of asking if we were enjoying the food. Visit Banner Elk quite often. I will definitely return.

1  Thank Albrick
Reviewed November 4, 2012

While staying with friends in Banner Elk, they took us to dinner at the Bayou. I'm not usually a Cajun fan but didn't want to complain, as we weren't paying. By the time the meal was finished, my opinion of Cajun had changed. The waiter was very pleasant and suggested a Cajun Sampler. He said it was "very good" and he was right. Several things I've never tried and everything was good. I wish we had a place like this in Vegas. The owner's son was behind the bar and obviously took a very personal approach to running a great business. He came over and spoke to our friends and introduced himself. This would never happen at home. The personal approach was very refreshing. I wish more places were like this. Very Good.

1  Thank Trevor L
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Traveling for work means eating on the road and constantly searching for something better than chain food. Traveling with friends is no different.

Bayou Smokehouse is exactly what we were looking for. We walked over from where we were staying. I'm not a Cajun fan but our friends wanted to come here and who was I to argue with the group.

The burger was great. A++