“Fabulous Experience!”
Review of Jackalope's View - CLOSED

Jackalope's View
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Jackalope's View and The Vault Bar are located halfway up Beech Mountain and Boasts one of the most beautiful views you could have. Downstairs is a culinary treat with upscale and fine dining choices, while upstairs in our Vault Bar provides a casual dining atmosphere and full bar. The Vault is currently open Thursday through Saturday from 5:00p until 2:00 am business permitting. Jackalopes is open Thursday through Monday from 5:00pm until 9:30pm. Reservations are encouraged for Jackalope's. Jackalope's View Is Now Open For Breakfast! 7:30AM to 10:30AM!!
Reviewed September 11, 2009

My husband and I went to Jackalope's for a romantic getaway and were totally thrilled with our experience. We were greeted by a very friendly staff and seated by one of the owner's, Candi. Candi was very polite and seated us promptly, as we had a reservation. My husband had the filet topped with the gorgonzola and demi glaze and it was spectacular! I was extremely pleased with my choice of the roasted young duckling which was topped with some sort of rasberry sauce. In fact, it was the best duck i've ever had, by far. Our waitress was very helpful with our wine and entree selections and was a total joy. We finished our amazing meal off with the bananas foster and chocolate mousse cake, to die for. After dinner we decided to head upstairs for a night cap. We then had the pleasure of meeting the Chef, Matt and other owner, Tony. They were both very personable and fun to be around. The billiards table was extremely nice and the atmosphere at the bar was wonderful. Not to mention, the view is unbelievable. Overall, it was a fabulous experience and my husband and I will be back as often as possible! We highly reccomend Jackalope's View.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 8, 2009

I love this place. If you are not staying there, definitely stop and have a quaint candlelight dinner overlooking the mountain. Dinner selections are upscale, desserts were fantastic and wine list was ample. The bar area is small but lively and friendly with locals. A great place to spend the night in the inn with fireplaces and poster beds. Shame on you if you don't give it a try.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed July 28, 2009

Both the menu and the food are excellent. We had a Scampi dish consisting of a fish fillet topped with shrimp and a lemon sauce, and a blue cheese encrusted pork chop with a tarragon mushroom cream sauce. Both were served with equally delicious side dishes. Yumm! Most entrees are available in smaller portions for lighter appetites or those who want to leave room for dessert. The prices are smaller too! After dinner, there is a great bar upstairs for conversation with local people or a game of billiards.

Reviewed March 1, 2009

My family recently planned a surprise birthday party for my father. We had many out of town guests stay at the inn, and Jackalope's View Restaurant hosted the buffet and party. We found the staff very professional to deal with throughout the planning stages. The restaurant served an excellent buffet and was able to remain in our preplanned budget. We are somewhat local (Blowing Rock) and have enjoyed coming to Jackalope's through out the years. The menu is approachable-well prepared and creative but still provides some level of comfort food, good portions and reasonable prices. There is a second level bar with views, and pool table if we just want to hang out. We would definitely reccommend both the inn and restaurant for any type of event or casual getaway!

Reviewed February 20, 2009

My husband, myself, and some friends of ours dined at Jackalope' s Restaurant for the first, and probably last ,time this past Saturday. We arrived 15 minutes early for our reservation. It took the host almost 10 minutes to acknowledge our presence. When he did greet us he told us it would be a few minutes before he could seat us. It was 50 minutes before we were seated at a table. They came by with water immediately, but no one else came to greet us for at least 10 minutes. When the girl finally arrived, she looked as if she had been doing yard work in her uniform. She was filthy right down to her dirty tennis shoes! She took our cocktail and food orders. Our appetizers arrived before our drinks. When our drinks finally arrived, I requested a bottle of wine off their extensive wine list. 25 minutes later our main course was on the table, but our wine and waitress had not been seen. I waived down our waitress to remind her about the wine, and she told me she thought they were out of that bottle. I asked to see a manager. Several minutes later the host came to the table. When I started to explain my frustrations, he said, "I'm sorry. We are really busy and I don't have time to deal with your problems."
It was a shame the level of service was so bad, because the food and the view were actually excellent.

3  Thank kim_earnhardt