Best Western Mountain Lodge at Banner Elk
Little Main Street Inn(Banner Elk)(Great Value!)
$98
Westglow Resort & Spa(Blowing Rock)
$275
TripAdvisor
$53
$79
All reviewsroom was cleanfree breakfastthe breakfast areabiscuits and gravysugar mountainhotel staffhot breakfastbreakfast staffgrandfather mountainnice poolone night stayyogurtwould stay againheated poolfriesflat screen tvno elevator
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 21, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
bwbannerelk, Front Office Manager at Best Western Mountain Lodge at Banner Elk, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I when up to the Banner Elk late one Friday night. I made a reservation online before I left my house, I actually got to the Best Western at 1am. The person as the front desk was friendly and helpful. My room was clean, and the heater had been turned up so the room was nice and warm. The next morning I enjoyed the complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
bwbannerelk, Front Office Manager at Best Western Mountain Lodge at Banner Elk, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

BEST WESTERN PLUS Mountain Lodge at Banner Elk

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Were looking for places to stay for our wedding party and stayed here one night. Nice location in Banner Elk. Rooms were comfortable and clean. Need a heat lamp in bathroom. Had to ask for blankets as it was very cold. Very thin bedding. Wish it had indoor rooms instead of the old fashioned outside door deal. Doors do not feel very secure as we were two ladies alone in off season. Staff were exceptional in every way. Breakfast was a huge disappointment!!!!! No cold options at all! Had a very limited hot breakfast with gross overcooked scrambled eggs. In need of cereals, fruit, milk, yogurt, oatmeal, bagels, etc. Lobby was pleasant.

Room Tip: No elevators and poor doors that are hard to close and lock. Make sure you feel safe and secure before unloading in a room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 9, 2012

By my own admission, I am a picky traveler. Everyone should be. When paying for a service, you should expect to get that service and shouldn't settle for anything less. If you go to Walmart to buy a dress, you wouldn't pay and then accept the blouse of lesser value. Hotels are no different.

The room I was put in had not been cleaned. The bed was unmade. Towels remained in the floor. The bathroom was dirty. It was obvious the room had not been cleaned, after the previous guest had left.

After going back to the desk, and waiting for another guest to finish checking in, I explained the situation the the clerk asked me to show her the room. It was like she didn't believe me until she viewed the room for herself. I should have been given a clean room and then she could have checked the dirty one.

The second room had been cleaned but not well. Perhaps it was because of the first room and the clerk, but I looked for - and found - hair in the tub drain. The room had not been cleaned well, at all.

I wasn't about to eat at any place associated with that hotel. Luckily I found great food in Banner Elk.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Patricia P

We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret we did not meet your expectations. Unfortunately, with the information provide I was not able to locate any record of this incident. I would like some more information from you so we can handle the situation appropriately. Please, contact me at 828-898-4571.

Best Western Plus Mountain Lodge at Banner Elk

Reviewed October 15, 2012

We love this hotel just outside of the little town of Banner Elk. The rooms are clean and comfortable and an excellent value. The pool area is beautiful and must really be busy when the weather is warmer as they have a cute cabana bar area. Also, there was a nice play area for children. On the property is a very busy restaurant which has a popular seafood buffet. It gets very busy at night. I'm not sure if people would want to walk to town from here, but it is not far.

Room Tip: They offer pet friendly rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank surfzup321
bwbannerelk, Front Office Manager at Best Western Mountain Lodge at Banner Elk, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay at our hotel. I delighted you enjoyed your stay. We are excited to let guest know that we are in the process of updating several items at the hotel. We have put microwaves and refrigerators in several of our guest rooms and we are also putting flat screen TV's in all of our guest rooms. We should have these in all guest rooms by the end of this year. We have also added the free hot breakfast buffet for all guest. We appreciate your business and hope that you will stay again with us in the future.

BEST WESTERN PLUS Mountain Lodge