“Its ok”
Review of Smokey's Smoke House - CLOSED

Smokey's Smoke House
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Met others here because of its location. We got there right at closing but they were gracious enough to serve us. The restaurant is nice and the staff efficient and friendly. The highlights were the pulled pork with a nice bark and deep smoke ring. Fried Okra was spot on and delicious. The mac and cheese was not good with a grainy taste. Skip the hush puppies which are burnt on the outside because of their size. The bbq seems good but the sides can be disappointing.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I decided to have dinner here after hiking on Grandfather Mountain. The ribs were quite good. The place looked clean and the staff was friendly.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

As first time visitors to this restaurant and indeed North Carolina we were looking forward to trying this recommended eating place. As with most American restaurants the quantity of the food was far more than we could eat, however the brisket was excellent and my wife's pulled pork looked good too. We tried the hush puppies as we originally thought we were being wound up with the name but they too were delicious. So if you are looking for reasonably priced good quality food give this place a try.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

I consider myself a bit of a BBQ connoisseur and LOVED this place! The mac and cheese was not good, but the fried okra, sweet potato fries, collard greens, baked beans, pulled pork sandwich were all excellent! the slaw was a vinegar based slaw that was good but a strange color pink...the best part was the in-house homemade bread pudding - one of the best deserts I've ever had. True, the buns came from a bag, but seemed fresh anyway. Yum yum!

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Where I'm from bbq is a big part of eating and this place is the best bbq I have ever had. Baked beans amazing. I highly recommend eating here.