“Overall Very Nice!”
Review of Blue Ridge Village

Blue Ridge Village
Reviewed June 19, 2012

We just returned from a week here and absolutely loved the accommodations -- very roomy and newly renovated. The only drawbacks were the thin walls others have mentioned and the slow internet. The thin walls were only a problem one night when the guests next door stayed up until 2 AM and were talking/laughing loudly. Fortunately, we were in an end unit and the bedroom walls are outside walls. I was only disturbed because I chose to stay up late reading in the living area. Regarding the internet, we had hoped to stream some movies, but the internet was so slow it was impossible. I realize that this may be beyond BRV's control, but I think it would have been nice to know before coming. Overall, the location of BRV was ideal for us -- just a quarter mile to Food Lion and coffee shop -- and centrally located for all of the activities we enjoyed.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Brudude120

Reviewed June 10, 2012

I've stayed at this place twice. Both times we were in a renovated condo, which is great. There were very few people around the first time so did not notice the noise that much. The last time was much more crowded and not ideal. The walls are paper thin which means you can hear your neighbors sneeze, cough, laugh, talking, walking (or thundering down the halls is more like it), and flushing the toilet.

The grounds are nice and great location in Banner Elk but to me it is not worth the money for poorly insulated walls. It is comparable to being in the same room as your neighbors.

The time share presentation is not ideal and is hard to avoid without being forced to pay additional fees.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank NChotelrater
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I never write reviews but for this one it was a must!!! This is a fantastic resort!! Must stay in superior room as they are absolutely gorgeous with everything you can imagine....even a washer and dryer!! And the staff was just a joy. Really friendly and helpful. We will definitely stay here again when we go back to the mountains for skiing this winter.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I had a terrible experience.

I purchased a 3 day weekend from a sales agent that called me. I paid $200 -- the same price as they were advertising on Groupon at the time (I figured purchasing directly from them would mean they keep more of the money, ie better for the resort).

What a mistake.

After booking they called me and asked me to attend a sales presentation. I said I'd try.

We went hiking that day, got a little lost, and didn't make it back in time for the sales presentation.

The minute I got home, another sales rep called me up and said they were charging my credit card $250 for not attending the presentation! What a scam. I was never made aware of the charge and would never have agreed to it. Unreal. I mean, what if you got sick, or someone in your family got sick, or a family member died, or you had a car accident that day, or even couldn't make it up that weekend (work, weather, for any reason)? Completely unreasonable, especially given that I had paid full market price for the weekend (ie it wasn't free and the money was non-refundable -- I was told that on the phone).

So, buyer beware, Festiva simply isn't trustworthy.

I would strictly avoid giving them your credit card -- buy through groupon, expedia or any online site if you simply have to deal with Festiva.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated condo (they are actually pretty nice inside, but the walls are paper thin -- I c...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank GerryL49092
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Bought a Groupon for a two bedroom Superior room. Great value, beautiful place. I believe the condo was newly renovated and the decor was very nice. The condo was quite large and had room to spare. Resort was quiet and had wonderful amenities like an indoor pool, tennis courts, pond with paddle boats, basketball "court", etc. Would definitely stay there again if we were in the area. Only reason they didn't get 5 stars was the check-in and check-out process could have been smoother. We had booked over a month in advance for Memorial Day weekend and when I tried to check in upon arrival I was told they had no record of my reservation. I was almost turned away and they were fully booked! Only after showing my confirmation email AND insisting that I had a reservation did the receptionist finally find my reservation, claiming it was a glitch in the system. Check out went fine except that the receptionist was on the phone while helping me and wasn't the most helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room. We were on the middle floor and you could definitely hear thumping up and...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Andrea0214
Reviewed May 30, 2012

We stay at this resort year after year and sometimes like this year will spend four weeks there. I couldn't imagine a nicer place to stay. The condo's are beautiful and the resort itself has most everything you could ask for and is very well maintained. Also is convenient to shopping, grocery store, and major ski attractions and Grand Father Mountain.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bobbie B
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Bought a Groupon certificate for this place and didn't really have high expectations...boy was I impressed when we arrived! The staff was very friendly and helpful, the room was very comfortable and homey. It was very central to local attractions. Would definitely stay here again!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#6 of 18 in Boone
Holiday Inn Express Blowing Rock South

Been to Blue Ridge Village? Share your experiences!