Review Highlights
Early weekday great, weekends avoid

Skied Monday & Wednesday and experience was great. Not very crowded so lifts were quick and slopes... read more

Reviewed today
PA S
Georgia
Yearly Ski Trip

Overall experience was good. We skied from Thursday thru Saturday, both day and night. Length of... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago

from $19.49
More Info
from $61.35
More Info
All reviews snow tubing snow making ski trip ice skating easy street ski lessons great slopes long lift lines east coast bring your own instructor grooming fireplace
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Spent 3 hours in the most unorganized lines I've ever been in. Most of the staff was rude and EXTREMELY unhelpful. You have to wait in about 7 sets of lines total before you even get on the slopes. Paid over $400 (spent over $600 total for the day there) for my 2 kids to do the bunny slopes once and my husband, our friends, and myself to go down a bigger slope once. I really don't understand why you you can't buy tickets before s certain time for the slot you want. I got to the counter at 11 40, but they don't start selling tickets for the 1230 twilight session until 12 so we had to get in the back of the line and wait again. Finally by a little after 2 we were out if the door. The amount of people are frightening. You can't move without bumping into anyone. The snow cannons are idiotically place, shooting in people's faces where they wait in line, and allow very poor visibility on the slopes. I wouldnt return to this overpriced, chaotic mess even if it were free.

2  Thank florivero
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I’m from Michigan. My friends and I planned on a fun filled afternoon on slopes because we’ve never been here before. The slopes would have been decent to ski on had the snow cannons not been pointed directly at skiers. I understand the need to make snow but people had to shield their faces and ski dangerously slow because visibility was horrid. The rudeness and lack of even a partial refund has ensured I bore my family will ever ski here again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Here's how the tubing works. You cannot but tickets in advance or online so you must wait in line. But they only start selling tickets an hour before each tubing session. We went on a Sunday and arrived at 10:30. We waited in line for the 12:00 session but it sold out. The next session was 2:00 but if you got out of the very very very long line you'd lose your place. So we stayed in line but then the 2:00 sold out. At that point we had been in line, outside in the 35 degree cold and wind, for over 3 hours. So we left rather than staying line for another 2 hours. There were a lot of very angry people. Their system for selling tickets is ridiculous. They claim to have been in business for over 50 years -- really? And you still haven't figured out how to sell tickets without making your customers stand in a line outside for hours on end?? This isn't rocket science, people. Your competitors know how to do it, so maybe you should ask them.

1  Thank kmeinNC
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was absolute The worst Experience ever we normally go to Beech Mountain we will NEVER be back to Sugar mountain my advice DONT go here 4 a good time...

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

this place is HORRIBLY maintained, the lines for rentals and lifts takes way to long and are not efficient whatsoever. Not to mention their lack of rental equipment. Ran out of helmets. The advertise Burton but don’t have any boots or boards. The head boots they do give you are hard as hell to lace up tight so that your feet are getting soaked. Not to mention the slopes themselves are VERY dangerous. Pretty much a complete sheet of ice and no powder cushion when you fall. the pic is as tight as i could lace the boot. It’s 2020 lets upgrade to the spin twist boots. Especially when your prices are double App and Beech. Also the floors inside and soaking and the whole place smells of mold and mildew. Especially the bathrooms, wouldn’t even feel comfortable taking my child in there.

Date of experience: February 2019