“will not return” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Banner Elk Inn, B&B and Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Banner Elk
The Banner Elk Inn, B&B and Cottages
Ranked #2 of 9 Banner Elk B&B and Inns
Greensboro, North Carolina
“will not return”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2012

my stay at the Banner Elk Inn was completely disappointing. Upon checking in, we were given our keys and given verbal directions to our cottage. To begin with, the lock on the cottage door was barely in there. It made me feel uneasy and not safe to stay there. The sheets on the bed were dirty. When I went to the main house to inform the owner of the situation, she didn't believe me and after telling her I wanted clean sheets, she simply handed me the sheets for me to change myself. The bathroom was dirty. Breakfast was nothing special and we were made to feel more like an imposition than a guest or paying customer. I have stayed in many B&Bs. Some are definitely better than others, but I have never been so disgusted by a place to feel it necessary to write a negative review. Overall it is quite possibly the nastiest and most unwelcoming place I have ever stayed. Boone is not that far away and Lovill House Inn is worth the trip. My recommendation would be go to Boone.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank onemtnlvr
BeverlyLait, Owner at The Banner Elk Inn, B&B and Cottages, responded to this review, March 31, 2012
It is difficult to believe that the writer of this review stayed at The Banner Elk Inn. A thorough search through our records does not support a stay one year ago in April 2011 as stated. There are guest comment books in the cottages, all 100% positive . The time frame referred to by the review is so old, I think the guest must be confused. The majority of my reviews speak for themselves. Please remove this review; it is inappropriate, not true -- and more of a viscious attack rather than a true review .

Beverly Lait
Innkeeper/Owner/President
The Banner Elk Inn, B&B and Cottages, Inc.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Canton, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2012

The property is beautiful and the innkeeper, Beverly, was kind. My family of 4 (2 kids) stayed in the Bark House. It was clean and uber comfortable! It had everything we needed including linens and kitchen supplies. The bed was very comfortable. I highly recommend staying here! Very close to town too which was great!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank PhotogHeather
North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2012

Beverly, the innkeeper, was very welcoming upon our arrival and gave us a tour of the inn and grounds. The atmosphere was very relaxing and made us feel like we were at home. The Bark Cabin was immaculately clean and well decorated. The layout was cozy and the beds were beyond comfortable! The porch has lots of seating and a nice quiet view of the waterfall. Short distance to the town and restaurants. Definitely recommend staying at the Banner Elk Inn, you won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: Bark cabin is great when traveling with pets!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Artchica
Mint Hill
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2012

My wife and I have stayed at the Banner Elk Inn B&B and Cottages many times. Beverly is an outstanding hostess and the facilities are simply the best we have found anywhere in the area. If you are looking for a great place with gormet breakfasts, look no further. Not only are the breakfasts delicious, the facilities great, Beverly knows the area and is very resourseful.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Charles S
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2012

My wife and I spent the week of Christmas 2011 in Briarwood Cottage B, while my Mother and Stepfather stayed in the adjoining Cottage A. We could not have felt more comfortable in the luxurious suites...it felt like coming home everyday! My wife is a self-pronounced critic/inspector of hotel bedding, and much to my delight...the amazing down bedding that Beverly has put in each room recieved an overwhelming A+ grade. The kitchenette was extremely useful and the bathrooms were clean and spacious (not to mention the relaxing jacuzzi tub)! I went to college at Lees-McRae in Banner Elk in the mid 90's and have not been back to the area since. We couldn't have picked a better place to stay while sharing this beautiful area with my family! Innkeeper/Owner Beverly was a gracious tour guide and historian of the changes in the area. She keeps menus from all the local restaurants, so everything is very convienent! The Inn is perfectly located close to shopping, restaurants, skiing, hiking...you name it! Beverly is very accommodating and welcoming and also one heck of a breakfast chef! We had an delightful experience and a very Merry Christmas! We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Highly recommend the Cottages!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Paul L
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2012

Beverly is the most warm and welcoming of inn keepers. She went out of her way to make the most delicious breakfast for us each morning. I loved the Briarwood cottage we stayed in for the week, but the hospitality was tremendous. Each morning Beverly made a delicious breakfast that was served in the cozy breakfast room each morning. Our stay could not have been better.

• Stayed January 2012
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2011

My husband and I stayed here last year as well, and I recommend reading my previous review as nothing has changed and it's still a wonderful place to enjoy your mountain escape. Once again, we stayed in the Peach Room, which some might find a bit too cozy, but we like the comfortable bed. The house is a historic building, built in 1912 and owner/innkeeper Beverly was happy to share the history with us over breakfast. Beverly went out of her way to accommodate my gf diet and allergies, with special breads, French toast and pancakes that were delicious. This Inn truly is in a fantastic location, accessible to all the attractions and sights nearby. Not only that, but the Inn is on a major thoroughfare that is well maintained in inclement weather. She has ample parking, accessible without dealing with treacherous roads or steep inclines.

• Stayed December 2011
#6 of 15 in Blowing Rock
Chetola Resort at Blowing Rock
Chetola Resort at Blowing Rock
#2 of 15 in Blowing Rock

Been to The Banner Elk Inn, B&B and Cottages? Share your experiences!