“Charming”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 6, 2012

My boyfriend & I had decided to stop here for lunch. We used to have a business in this plaza (shopping mall) & have seen restaurants come & go. We checked the reviews & since they sounded promising we stopped. Service was pleasant, getting around was a bit tight, but it is a small place. We ordered the smoked turkey sandwich & deli sandwich. My smoked turkey was delightful & the pasta salad was good. My boyfriend's deli sandwich was thin & you really couldn't tell that there was more than one meat on it. The bread was devine however. And my boyfriend loved the cold apple cider & the chocolate cake. We may stop again for a piece of pie.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Fresh homemade food. Small menu, but very tasty. Sandwiches and salads. Homey atmosphere, reasonably priced, and you can buy prepared foods to go!

Reviewed October 31, 2012

We stopped in for great sandwiches (mild curried chicken with mango chutney on a homemade wholewheat bun). The chef/owner is British & his offerings are imaginative &delicious. we were sorry we didn't have a chance to sample one of their dinners! We HIGHLY recommend this place!

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Our two couple group stopped in Eat Crow because of good comments here on Tripadvisor....the food was very good and fresh and we all enjoyed what we got. I had the Caprese Salad stack which was great...my hubs had the Roast Beef sandwich which he liked very much. The other couple enjoyed theirs too... one had the NY Deli Sandwich and I can't remember the other! I highly recommend the food. However, the service was lacking and appeared short handed. First upon entering, there was no sign or "hostess" and since it is a casual type eatery, I walked toward an empty table thinking it was seat yourself....an older employee approached the other couple who was still near the door and harshly asked "can I help you....I will seat you in a moment!" I looked around and they motioned for my hubs and me to come back....so we stood by the door for several minutes waiting on the lady to seat us at the table I had walked over to!!! Even tho short handed or "in the weeds" our ordered was taken by the younger lady pretty quickly and the food came out in reasonable time. I had asked for a slice of fresh bread (b/c it sounded good) to accompany my Caprese salad and never got it even after asking 2 or 3 times and being told by server that she was going to get it. We ended the meal with a slice of chocolate pie which we really didn't like and thought was not flavorful enough. Next as we waited on our check, the older lady approached our table and again "bluntly" asked us if we were finished eating as if she wanted us up and out!! I am pretty easy going and let most things roll off my back, but began to think "older lady" didn't really like us for some reason! My friends said it should be called Old Crow instead of Eat Crow!! Food is very good, but service could improve (more servers) and a friendlier more welcoming attitude from older lady!

Reviewed September 28, 2012

We were visiting in Blowing Rock, NC and while driving around looking at foliage, our friends mentioned Eat Crow and how they had heard how great the food was. A small strip center is its location and, although we had to wait a little while, it was well worth the wait! They have a couple of salads (Oriental was what I chose and was exquisite) and Caprese. A seafood chowder and a savory pie were the specials of the day, curried chicken salad, roast beef, and other sandwiches are served on whole grain bread. We were too full for desserts, but they looked wonderful. A full catering menu is available. The owner/chef is formerly of nearby, exclusive Hound Ears Country Club. They are open only for lunch and two evenings a month. This is a hidden gem!

1  Thank susansheeh