“Average”

Dining options: Late Night
Banner Elk, North Carolina
“Average”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Average is about the best I can say about Nick's. The food is decent - simple stuff, mainly, although the coconut shrimp is tasty…but the most difficult thing about the place is that many smokers frequent it. While smoking is not allowed inside, the smokers stand just outside the door and one cannot enter or leave without getting a good blast of it. Sometimes, it wafts inside, too. This does not add to my dining experience, and therefore Nick's is more of a last resort for me.

Visited May 2014

Clemmons, NC
“Great place for Karaoke!”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

They have karaoke on Friday nights from 8-midnight. We had lunch on Thursday and took our son and his wife back for dinner, drinks and karaoke on Friday night. We all had a lot of fun. The service is good and friendly. The ribs and Reubens are good.

Visited March 2014
Vicki T, Owner at Nick's Restaurant and Pub, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you for your review. We all appreciate your patronage here at Nicks. You taking the time to review us means a lot. Next time you come in ask for me Vicki and get 10percent off your check. Thank you again.
“Better than I expected!”
Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

Stopped here a couple of times! Fresh food & cold brew. Salads are awesome, fries are crispy & burgers are great! Reasonably priced with daily beer specials.

Vicki T, Owner at Nick's Restaurant and Pub, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Thank you for your review of Nick's Restaurant & Pub. People don't always take the time to say something good. I appreciate you taking the time. Thank you for your patronage.
“Terrible service”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

We stumbled upon this place while out shopping in Banner Elk. We thought we'd be in and out in an hour or less and boy were we wrong. First off, when you walk in, there is no one to greet you. After staring at the bartender for a minute we got no recognition. Finally we figured out we were to seat ourselves....why the bartender who certainly knew we were there couldn't have told us that was beyond me. We proceeded to sit at our table for almost 10 minutes before said bartender brought us menus- but no drink order was taken. After realizing the bartender was also our waitress we should have known we were doomed! It took us over 2 hours from start to finish for just 3 of us....we didn't order alcohol, just sandwiches and soft drinks. Service was horrible and food was mediocre. This place really needs to hire a wait staff and train others on efficiency otherwise they won't stay in business much longer.

• Visited December 2013
Vicki T, Owner at Nick's Restaurant and Pub, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
I do apologize that your experience at Nick's was less than desirable. I see that you visited us during December 2013. I have no excuse for the poor performance of the bartender. I am thinking that you may have come in on a very busy day, if you had to wait that long for your food. I wish you had of asked to see a Manager so I could have remedied the situation on the spot. If you would please give us another chance I promise your experience will be much more pleasurable. Thank you for your response. It enables me to see where improvement is needed.
“Extensive Menu”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Very busy that night. Service was good and the food was delicious with generous portions. Don't be fooled by the exterior!

Visited October 2013