“Slow service and a bit pricey”

Nick's Restaurant and Pub
Ranked #24 of 48 Restaurants in Banner Elk
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
water
“Slow service and a bit pricey”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We waited 15 minutes for our beverage order to be taken and another 10 to receive it. Sandwich was just ok, we will pass on this one next time we are in the area

Visited December 2012

North Topsail Beach, North Carolina
“Wonderful Local Flavors”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

This is a local place unlike the rest. The decor is easy on the eyes, the service was quick and pleasant, and the quality of the food was quite a welcome surprise in the vast sea of drive thru restaurants we are subjected to nowadays. It was not hard to find geographically. The menu has just enough variety for every pallet to be satisfied. All of us who ate there during our weekend trip to the Boone/Grandfather Mountain area loved it! No qualms recommending Nick's to you and your's!

Charleston, South Carolina
“Local flair with great food.”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Went to Nicks after seeing it advertized on the local tourist channel. Very friendly staff and great atmosphere. Food was yummy and the price is very resonable. Very close to Sugar mountain.

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Local feel atmosphere”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

There is an adequate selection of food items. The fish is flown in daily however and would be my recommendation. The salad was decent. The place was pretty busy when we were there and the service was a little slow but not too bad. There are some nice shops by the restaurant if you go for lunch.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Nothing special here...”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Real mayonnaise is not used here, and I myself actually prefer salad dressing mayonnaise sometimes (Miracle whip). However, the mayonnaise I got for my burger was the cheapest salad dressing mayonnaise you can buy (destroyed the taste of my burger), and is also in the ranch which therefore tasted horrible as well (for cheese fries). My overall impression is that the food is low quality here. I ate here two other times late night, tasting wings, fried pickles, and cheese fries. Nacho cheese is usually put on the fries instead of cheddar, and the wings were small, and average tasting. The ranch was thick today, but other times has been so runny it drips everywhere. The service every time has been beyond excellent, however due to the poor quality in food, I will choose other places for dinner rather than tasting the rest of their menu. Someone was also yelling at the bartender to ring in the ranch (kitchen staff possibly?) in a berating, loud and obnoxious manner, at least three times...which I got to hear all the way at the opposite end of the bar. After tasting my destroyed burger, and fries (bad ranch), I paid and left without finishing my meal, for a tastier meal, and less obnoxious atmosphere.

• Visited October 2012