“Nothing special here...”

Dining options: Late Night
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Nothing special here...”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Real mayonnaise is not used here, and I myself actually prefer salad dressing mayonnaise sometimes (Miracle whip). However, the mayonnaise I got for my burger was the cheapest salad dressing mayonnaise you can buy (destroyed the taste of my burger), and is also in the ranch which therefore tasted horrible as well (for cheese fries). My overall impression is that the food is low quality here. I ate here two other times late night, tasting wings, fried pickles, and cheese fries. Nacho cheese is usually put on the fries instead of cheddar, and the wings were small, and average tasting. The ranch was thick today, but other times has been so runny it drips everywhere. The service every time has been beyond excellent, however due to the poor quality in food, I will choose other places for dinner rather than tasting the rest of their menu. Someone was also yelling at the bartender to ring in the ranch (kitchen staff possibly?) in a berating, loud and obnoxious manner, at least three times...which I got to hear all the way at the opposite end of the bar. After tasting my destroyed burger, and fries (bad ranch), I paid and left without finishing my meal, for a tastier meal, and less obnoxious atmosphere.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Jay J

North Georgia, USA
“Great sandwich menu!”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Went with a friend for lunch....had the black bean burger with all the trimmings. It was excellent! Would go back for sure!

Visited September 2012
Fort Myers, Florida
“Some people seem to be very picky”
Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

We have been going to Nick's since first coming to the area for the summer in 1994. Love the quesadilla and the jalopy. There were 4 of us there last night and two had there special prime rib. They both said it was great and much better than a higher price restaurant in Banner Elk. They were very busy as they had a large private party but our drinks and food arrived in good time and we were able to watch the Fl Gators game. Will be there a few more times before we head back to Fl.

1 Thank pattilane
Aiken, South Carolina, United States
“nice lunch”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We enjoyed a great fish sandwich for lunch, friendly staff.
They have a live band on the patio on most Wed. in the summertime.

Visited August 2012
banner elk
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Can I please respond to Kellie H?”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

RE: STAY AWAY
by Kristina Treyz (1 review)
I am an employee of Nick's who happened to be in Nick's the night this Kellie is talking about. She failed to mention that she and the others in her party ate almost their entire meal before they complained about a black spot in the baked potato she had. She also failed to mention that their entire $100 plus meal was comp'd and the "drunken" employee she refers to was NOT an employee and that they were rude and nasty to their server from the moment they arrived. The server they had , Sai, has worked at Nick's for over 5 years and anybody who has ever been waited on by her knows what a good server and person she is. Kellie and her group were looking for a free meal and they got it. Luckily, 99% of our customers are wonderful people that we all enjoy waiting on and that is why we have been in business for 20plus years! If they had said something about their food before they ate all of it, it would've been fixed. Feel sorry for any other restaurants that they go to.

• Visited July 2012