“Excellent Brunch”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 18, 2013

My first visit to the Painted Fish resulted in yucky cold Salmon, but I gave it another chance for brunch with friends, and ALL of our meals were fantastic. I had the chopped Greek salad (with chicken) which was so good I didn't even need dressing for it. A favorite at my table was the sweet potato waffles! It was a bit pricey to add meat to your salad's. A petite painted salad was 9$, but to add salmon was another 6$. To add chicken to my petite was 3$.

1  Thank Jay J

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This was a very good restaurant. The food was excellent and the service was good. We liked the fact that the entrees came in two sizes, so small eaters don't have to deal with huge portions.

1  Thank goldfishlady
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Had a scrumptious lunch of smoked oyster chowder and the painted fish salad. My daughter had the painted fish salad with grilled salmon and a friend had the special of the day crab cake sliders with sweet potato salad. Well, we all thoroughly enjoyed our meal and will highly recommend it. Our service was outstanding!

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I really haven't figured this place out yet. I've had some really good food and some not so great food here. I will say the chef loves to grind up every type of meat and make a meal out of it. You name it he'll grind it up and even deep fry it. I do recommend the normal burgers they are tasty and the fried chicken is delicious as well. But they should be because the chef is a grinding fry master. WARNING do not to attempt to make any changes to any menu items as this will offend the chef and hurt his feelings. You must eat the food as it is prepared if you like it or not.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

After a month off to recover from winter, the Painted Fish is open again and we are glad!!! Wonderul selections, always fresh and tasty. Welcoming atomsphere and make sure you send your compliments to Chef Monte! He's usually in the back creating the delicious and beautiful plates.
Great that they actually offer Full or Half orders for those of us who don't want to overeat. Nice option!