“Give it a try!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Give it a try!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

The most amazing food. Don't let the building fool you...GO IN and EAT! From the time I walked in the door until the time I left, I was impressed: GREAT SERVICE, COZY Atmosphere, and delicious food. I ordered the Cottage Pie. The inside was beef and veggies and it was topped with mashed potatoes. I ordered a side of Macaroni and the server asked if I wanted the Crazy Monkey Mac or the regular mac. The crazy monkey mac has red peppers and jalapenos. It was AMAZING! Loved this place!

• Visited October 2013

Tampa, Florida
“Happy to see this place thriving. Healthy, tasty and reasonable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

2nd visit. Still wonderful healthy quirky food. So very tasty. Sat outside w the pooch. Very pleasant!!

• Visited October 2013
Sanford, Florida
“Excellent choice for healthier alternatives that are still tasty!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

We absolutely LOVE this restaurant. It is a quaint eclectic place with a fun menu and ambiance. There are options for any diet, but as a vegan, I found several things I could eat without a problem! My favorites are their hummus, the falafal (incrediblly good!), the black bean burger and the mushroom walnut burger. Add a side of sweet potato fries to your order, and it's a little bit of heaven!!! Our wait time was pretty long - they make it fresh I assume is why - but it was worth the wait. Check in advance for their hours of operation too - my only complaint is that they have strange hours of operation. We wanted to go back and went on a Monday and they were closed, for example. This is my favorite restaurant in Banner Elk, hands down.

• Visited August 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Interesting Menu, Quality Food, Reasonable Prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

My wife and I ate there on a Saturday night in mid-September. The atmosphere was interesting (upscale college funky), the service was good, and there were many things on the menu we wanted to try.
THE EXCELLENT (the best dishes we had were all sides):
Spicy Mac n Cheese with green and red peppers
Bok Choi
Sweet Potato Fries
THE GOOD:
Fish Taco (interesting, but I left wishing I had ordered the Bison Burger)
Brie and Turkey Sandwich
THE MEDIOCRE:
Carrot and Ginger Soup (tasted fresh but bland...needed a lot of salt before it had flavor)

We had a very pleasant evening and our bill was less than $30 for all of the above. We will definitely go back.

• Visited September 2013
banner elk
“AWESOME!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

Great portabello sandwich & carrot-ginger soup! Love that it's local & organic foods! Isn't always open but it's worth what you pay for.

Visited August 2013