“Eclectic spot with great food & friendly service!”
Review of The Frog & the Monkey - CLOSED

The Frog & the Monkey
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Eclectic spot with great food & friendly service!”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I work at another local restaurant in the area & have worked in the industry for well over 5yrs now. So I can say, with no hesitation, that this spot is a jem! The food always delights & the staff are friendly & courteous.

1 Thank dubbyah

Knoxville, TN
“Love this place”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We love the relaxed, friendly staff at his restaurant as well a the vegetarian choices and locally grown options.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank tmscott
Jacksonville, Florida
“Hidden Jewel”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We've been looking for a place in Banner Elk that served fresh, flavorful food at reasonable prices with a warm, friendly atmosphere, and we found it at The Frog and the Monkey. The menu was diverse, the food delicious, and the service and hospitality top notch. We will become regulars on our trips to Beech Mtn, and are recommending this to our VRBO and Home Away renters.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Barbi T
East Bend
“Great food”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We loved the atmosphere and enjoy eating at resturants that are not chains. This is the place, small but great service and fresh local food.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Janet M
Huntersville, North Carolina, United States
“Fresh, Flavorful Food!”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I love this place. Great, fresh made food from the area and a very wide ranging menu. Great flavors from the entrees to the desserts. I had the bison burger with bok choy as my side. The bok choy was excellent. I want to try something different but ever since my first time eating here and having the bison burger, I can't bring myself to try something else. I also had the almond creme brulee for dessert. Fantastic! You can tell the owners love what they do and that the employee's enjoy working here. You won't find a better, more fresh restaurant around. Very reasonable prices as well.

• Visited November 2012