“Great meal and friendly service!”
Review of Hearthstone Tavern and Grille - CLOSED

Hearthstone Tavern and Grille
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hwy 184 and Hwy 105
Reviewed November 10, 2010

I had a trip planned to the High Country with friends and we had discussed eating at the Hearthstone. Since I am gluten free, I emailed them a couple days before my trip to see if they were "gluten free friendly". My emails were answered quickly with the assurance that they could meet my dietary needs. My meal was excellent and the staff was very friendly. I highly recommend the Hearthstone!

1  Thank lizajane44

Reviewed August 28, 2010

I'd like to be able to say I like The Hearthstone but I don't. The food was sub par and so was the service.

8  Thank WmPBurger
Reviewed July 27, 2010

I have been patronizing the Harthstone since it opened and can say without reservation (pardon the pun) that the food has always been wonderful and the service beyond normal expectations...I would not only recomend this resturant to a friend I would, and have, insist they exprience some of the finest food and atmosphere in the High Country .. from the wine room to the "Cheers" type bar to the more formal dining room there may be equal somewhere but no better.
There are many fine resturants in the area and we have eaten at most of them but the Harthstone stands out because whatever mood you are in there is a area or room that will suit.

2  Thank Jim_JoAnn66
Reviewed July 25, 2010

My family and I recently ate at the Heartstone Tavern and Grille, and was made to feel extremly unwelcome from the time we walked in the door. We have a child, and are always looking for restaurants when we travel that are kid-friendly and inviting. Not only did we feel rushed (appetizers and meal were brought five minutes apart, dishes removed from the table before we had finished eating) but the server actually commented impolitely about our child making a mess of his food. This is clearly not a place to bring your family, unless you want to be met with snobbery from the staff.

14  Thank sinkinglikethestone
Reviewed July 25, 2010

Awful! The food was terrible and the owners were completely rude and never once apologized for the wrong food we received.

12  Thank AHaxton