Tripadvisor
Banner Elk

“One of our favorite local restaurants.”

Elevations Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 52 Restaurants in Banner Elk
Description: A casual fine dining experience located in the heart of the High Country NC at the bottom of grandfather mountain outside Sugar Mountain ski resort.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Have eaten here several times and never been disappointed. Great ambience and food. Love the look and feel of the place. Great burgers and the Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale is the boss. Will be back. Thanks

Date of visit: December 2019
Write a reviewReviews (102)

Reviewed January 7, 2020

The restaurant looked great and the food we ordered was pretty good. Unfortunately the server let the whole experience down, we went on Christmas Day and were a little surprised that it just seemed to be the std menu which was fine. However just as we were waiting for the bill a table sat behind us and their server went through the festive menu and also confirmed they had steak which our server had said was off menu. We did ask the server why she had not given us the festive options her reply was sorry it must have slipped my mind..which was a pretty ridiculous answer. She didn't really seem to have an answer as to why she had told us steak wasn't available. Will definitely come back as the place seemed pretty good just a real shame that the server was so incompetent

1  Thank NorthStar772611
Reviewed January 4, 2020

The menu is not terribly inspiring but the food is good. Our waitress seemed a little confused but she was nice. It was a treat to have cherries jubilee prepared with a talented flambe chef but evidently they had run out of vanilla ice cream and used sherbet instead, which made it inedible. However, the atmosphere is warm and overall a good experience. It would have been nice if the staff had informed us they were using a substitute though.

Reviewed January 3, 2020

My family of 10, ranging ages 4-51 decided to try this place out for New Year's dinner. It wasn't crowded. It states it's on Sugar Mountain.....it is not. It's on the main road at the bottom of Sugar Mountain so if you think Elevations mean a view, it does not. The food was very good. My crab cakes were SO GOOD. I couldn't finish my meal and ate them for breakfast the next morning and they were still awesome! The bacon wrapped scallops were melt in your mouth delicious!! They have a VERY limited kids menu, only cheeseburger and grilled cheese the night we dined. Also my teens love creme brulle but they didn't have it that night either so we had bananas foster which the chef prepared wonderfully. My teens did not like the mashed potatoes.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed December 27, 2019

As locals, we have eaten here several times. Food is always slow but wonderful, atmosphere, good wine list, and good service have always won out. We have suffered the owner’s husband’s bragging table visits before and had already had a turn on the last visit. But, sitting at a table near the kitchen it was impossible not to hear “The Boss” as he referred to himself while degrading his employee for “not doing it his way” and loudly demanding an answer to his yelling “do you understand me?” And apparently not with enough groveling repeating in outrage “do... you... understand...me?” With a red faced waiter, who had given us perfect service, scurrying out of the kitchen.
I was outraged anyone would be so degrading to anyone and felt so sorry for the staff. I would go back but certainly hope to never be subjected to “the boss” or such harsh words ever again.

2  Thank NCBoone