My wife and I have been to Balsam Mountain Inn many times since our first visit in 1995. We find the historical Inn so inviting as it seems to transport you back in time - to 1905, when it was first built. You enjoy the lost art of conversation with fellow guests, read a novel by the warm fire and enjoy the fresh mountain air (3600+feet) as it invitingly enters your bedroom while you sleep dreaming about your enjoyable day in the mountains. The food is absolutely "top-draw" with varying entrees at dinner that are amazing. I thoroughly enjoyed the local, organic Trout dinner along with a different appetizers each night....my hat is off to the chef for both the incredible food quality and presentation!! And the wait staff are friendly, polite and professional!! Each time we leave Balsam....both my wife and I comment that we can't wait to go back again. If you enjoy historical destinations, great food, in a beautiful mountain location....you've found perfection - The Balsam Mountain Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Read, rest, ramble and romp at the Balsam Mountain Inn! Nestled among lofty Smoky Mountain peaks just off the Blue Ridge Parkway, the Balsam Mountain Inn was completed in 1908 to serve the highest railway depot in the east. Restored in 1991, the inn now welcomes travelers with 50 cheerful rooms, rocker-filled porches, a fine library and gracious dining. Plump pillows and soft comforters inspire pleasant dreams! In December, 2011, the Inn came once again to be owned by Merrily Teasley, the innkeeper who restored the structure two decades ago. An experienced rescuer of wonderful buildings, Teasley bought the derelict inn in 1990, and her certified rehabilitation effort helped the inn – already on the National Historic Register – experience a rebirth. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Balsam Mountain Inn & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Balsam Mountain Inn & Restaurant Hotel Balsam
- Balsam Mountain Inn And Restaurant