Wonderful old inn and restaurant in private, quiet setting. Very historical.. Cozy in winter. Close by to waynesville nc and other cool small towns in the great Smokey Mountains. Very close to the Blue Ridge Parkway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Read, rest, ramble and romp at the Balsam Mountain Inn! Nestled among lofty Smoky Mountain peaks just off the Blue Ridge Parkway, the Balsam Mountain Inn was completed in 1908 to serve the highest railway depot in the east. Restored in 1991, the inn now welcomes travelers with 50 cheerful rooms, rocker-filled porches, a fine library and gracious dining. Plump pillows and soft comforters inspire pleasant dreams! In December, 2011, the Inn came once again to be owned by Merrily Teasley, the innkeeper who restored the structure two decades ago. An experienced rescuer of wonderful buildings, Teasley bought the derelict inn in 1990, and her certified rehabilitation effort helped the inn – already on the National Historic Register – experience a rebirth. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Balsam Mountain Inn & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Balsam Mountain Inn & Restaurant Hotel Balsam
- Balsam Mountain Inn And Restaurant