We really enjoyed the Mountain Inn and Restaurant. We did our homework before the trip and we knew what to expect. I was kind of concerned about no A/C during the August but it was okay. The Inn is 3500 ft above sea level. The high temp during the day was about 80 and at night it got down in the lower 60s. (good sleeping weather) I thought It would have a tough time with no TV but it was not bad at all. Really got to spend some quality time with my wife of 42 years. The staff were super and so was everyone else. Because of the location with no TV and no WiFi, everyone was in a slow down mood and very friendly. The Restaurant was super. Good service and good food. As long as you know what you are getting into, I recommend it. Oh yea, the floors were some times creaky. For me, it just added to the atmosphere to his 105 year old Inn. We will be going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Read, rest, ramble and romp at the Balsam Mountain Inn! Nestled among lofty Smoky Mountain peaks just off the Blue Ridge Parkway, the Balsam Mountain Inn was completed in 1908 to serve the highest railway depot in the east. Restored in 1991, the inn now welcomes travelers with 50 cheerful rooms, rocker-filled porches, a fine library and gracious dining. Plump pillows and soft comforters inspire pleasant dreams! In December, 2011, the Inn came once again to be owned by Merrily Teasley, the innkeeper who restored the structure two decades ago. An experienced rescuer of wonderful buildings, Teasley bought the derelict inn in 1990, and her certified rehabilitation effort helped the inn – already on the National Historic Register – experience a rebirth. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Balsam Mountain Inn & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Balsam Mountain Inn & Restaurant Hotel Balsam
- Balsam Mountain Inn And Restaurant