“Songwriters in the Round Event”

Balsam Mountain Inn Dining
Reserve with OpenTable
Balsam Mountain Inn Dining is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Balsam
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Old Balsam Depot Rd.
Waynesville, North Carolina
“Songwriters in the Round Event”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We attended the most recent 'Songwriters in the Round' at the Balsam Mtn. Inn. It was a totally enjoyable event, and we will definitely go again. The buffet food was delicious with one note...We were offered 'times' to attend the buffet and chose the Early Seating at 6:00. I'm glad we did, because I noticed that when the appetizers were gone, they were never replaced & folks coming to the late seating or at the end of the line never got the chance to try several of the offerings and missed out. Dessert was the same way. By the time we went to get some, the crust was totally gone from the Apple Strudel and only a few apples were left. They were delicious though. The other offerings were well-picked over, but we were able to get a small sampling. Don't let this stop you from attending....just go early!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Donna T

Decatur, Alabama
“Red potatoes”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I've never had red colored potatoes before but the addition of red roasted peppers made a new dish of mashed potatoes, the rest of the meal had as much attention to detail. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed the meal and having the Inn's owner come by to get acquainted.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank valsgramy
Canton, NC
“Food not that good”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I am surprised by the positive reviews of the food at this place. The food we had was not good. The chicken was tough, the steak overcooked and flavorless. Most of the food was bland. I have had much better. I would not recommend the food, especially for the price. It is a lovely place, but a bit stuffy. Not for kids. They did not seem to tolerate children well and even asked a group to be quiet. Try somewhere else. Everyplace is entitled to a bad day. Hope this was theirs and that the food is not always this bad.

• Visited August 2013
Huntersville, North Carolina
“GREAT FOOD!”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

The dinners from the Balsam Mtn. Inn menu are very delicious. My granddaughter ordered the shrimp dish and the shrimp were very good and tasty. I ordered the "special" of the night which was the trout. VERY GOOD! What I didn't like about the dining was for breakfast, they didn't have a choice....you just got served what the chef made for the morning.

Visited June 2013
Dunedin, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful dinner at the Inn!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My sisters and I went to the Inn for dinner this past Friday night, and it was over-the-top delicious! All four of us ordered something different, and we were so impressed with how flavorful and delicious everything was. I had the Mediterranean pasta and it was out of this world--the best I have ever had--fettuccini, mushrooms, chablis cream sauce, spinach, artichoke, and onions. My sisters had the Mediterranean chicken, grilled trout, and chicken marsala. Wonderful! One sister had the ranch dressing on her salad and it was so good you could almost eat it with a spoon. For dessert we split a warm brownie (somewhat like a lava cake) topped with vanilla ice cream. It was to die for. We ate in the "porch" dining room with windows all around; you need to check out the photos on the Inn's website. This was our first time eating at the Inn, but we'll be back anytime we are in the Maggie Valley area!

• Visited May 2013