“GREAT FOOD!”

Balsam Mountain Inn Dining
Reserve with OpenTable
Balsam Mountain Inn Dining is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Balsam
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Old Balsam Depot Rd.
Reviewed July 5, 2013

The dinners from the Balsam Mtn. Inn menu are very delicious. My granddaughter ordered the shrimp dish and the shrimp were very good and tasty. I ordered the "special" of the night which was the trout. VERY GOOD! What I didn't like about the dining was for breakfast, they didn't have a choice....you just got served what the chef made for the morning.

There are newer reviews for Balsam Mountain Inn Dining

Reviewed May 7, 2013

My sisters and I went to the Inn for dinner this past Friday night, and it was over-the-top delicious! All four of us ordered something different, and we were so impressed with how flavorful and delicious everything was. I had the Mediterranean pasta and it was out of this world--the best I have ever had--fettuccini, mushrooms, chablis cream sauce, spinach, artichoke, and onions. My sisters had the Mediterranean chicken, grilled trout, and chicken marsala. Wonderful! One sister had the ranch dressing on her salad and it was so good you could almost eat it with a spoon. For dessert we split a warm brownie (somewhat like a lava cake) topped with vanilla ice cream. It was to die for. We ate in the "porch" dining room with windows all around; you need to check out the photos on the Inn's website. This was our first time eating at the Inn, but we'll be back anytime we are in the Maggie Valley area!

1  Thank junebug9646
Reviewed November 14, 2012

The breakfast and dinner were very good. Fresh and hot. The waitstaff pleasant. If you had a special request they tried their best to fullfill it.

Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

Staying at the inn for the first time in about 10 years. Found breakfast to be lovely (eggs Elizabethan, fruit, bacon and a muffin). Supper for me was a ribeye with mushrooms accompanied by a small baked potato and a veggie medley prefaced by a garden salad with homemade dressing. Tried the Oreo and butterscotch casserole for dessert. The two didn't mix well together and I wish I had gotten the key lime pie instead. Hubby had the catfish which was very tasty.

Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

After staying here a couple of months ago I returned again for the wonderful local trout dinner and smoked trout appetizer. I also enjoyed the Biltmore Century White wine. Great prices, great preparation, great service. I will return.

1  Thank George S