We have just returned from 4 days at the Marsh Harbor Inn on Bald Head Island. We live in Leland, NC and were joined by relatives from Minnesota.We shared the Captains Suite. The Harbor view from the balcony was absolutely beautiful. Since this was our first time on the island we did not know what to expect. We were pleasantly surprised. The staff at the INN (Jo and Emily) were wonderful. From the time we walked in the front door we felt like family. The Inn has a kind of layed back elegance. It is nicely decorated yet comfortable and has a welcome home feeling. We met some wonderful people at the family style breakfast and enjoyed the lively conversations.
Touring the island in a golf cart is so much fun, and there are so many nature trails and winding roads to travel. The beaches are so relaxing and the shoals are awesome.
We will definately return to the Marsh Harbor Inn just to get away from the noise and bustle of cars and traffic. Remember that this is an island and everything costs more but the beauty and relaxed atmosphere are worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You wake up in the morning...and step onto your private deck where sailboats rock gently in the marina. Beyond, you see a wide stretch of blue ocean, and to the side a creek winding through serene marshland. Surrounding the harbour are homes, both quaint and majestic—a scene that has inspired this place to be called "the Nantucket of the South." The Marsh Harbour is a boutique Inn, reminiscent of a grand coastal manor estate, overlooking the Harbour on Bald Head Island. Accommodations include nine rooms and four spectacular suites. A breakfast buffet is served daily in the dining room and a wine and cheese reception is hosted on the weekends. Enjoy sweeping views of the Marina, Atlantic Ocean and the marshes from every room. Golf cart (the only island transportation), breakfast, daily housekeeping is included in your rate. We are the only hotel facility on Bald Head Island. Suites are also available for fractional purchase, offering 4 weeks per year usage. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Marsh Harbour Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marsh Harbour Hotel Bald Head Island
- Marsh Harbour Inn Bald Head Island