“Unexpected gem”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Youngstown
Lakeview Motel & Cottage
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Unexpected gem”
Reviewed June 29, 2011

We weren't sure where we were going to spend the last day of our historic hiking/biking trip so we had no reservation once we reached Niagara Falls -- with plans to spend the next morning at Fort Niagara. We drove to Youngstown and found no vacancies; my GPS system had few suggestions within 15 miles. In a desperate move, I called 411 for help and the operator led us to Lakeview Motel, which thankfully had openings! Be prepared. The owner doesn't take credit cards -- only cash or checks. Thankfully we had $80 between the two of us so were able to scrape together enough for a room. Because it was late in the evening, the owner upgraded us to a cottage and boy were we thrilled! Quiet - clean - private. Our own deck. A fridge and microwave. Access to a common area with tables and computer and coffee ready by 5 a.m.! Baby foxes in the evening and skunk smells in the morning. Something close to a lake view if you looked across the street and peered through the trees. We FELT like we were in the middle of nowhere and yet we were only a few minutes away from our next morning's destination - Old Fort Niagara. We had stumbled across something pretty special and wished we could have spent another day. If you are in the Niagara Falls area, this is a fantastic alternative to those overpriced hotels in the city. This is not luxury accommodations by any means, but it felt like our own little resort. One recommendation: Bring your own pillow if you prefer feathers to foam.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
7 Thank aneal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Jamestown NY
Reviewed August 4, 2010

My stepdaughter's soccer team was playing in a tournament in Wilson NY. After searching the net for places to stay,I found the website for this place.I called and got their answering machine.The owner got right back with me within a few mins.and I made reservations for the weekend for a motel room.After looking at the website somemore we thought that we might like a cabin instead.I called back to see if I could change but she told me that the cabins were only avalable on Fri not Sat.I told her that was ok I would keep the motel room.When we arrived on Fri.there was a note on the door telling us we were in a cabin and to go right in.As I was unloading the car,the owner came around the corner and told us they had a cancellation and she was able to get us in cabin for the weekend.She was very helpful in telling us places to eat and see while we were there.I must say that everything that she told us about was great.I must say the only thing I really didnt like was the fact that the beds are only doubles not queensand that is why sleep quality was only given 3 out of 5.One other thing to mention is they only take cash or check no credit cards but that shouldn't be a problem knowing this ahead of time.I plan on staying there again and have no promblems recommending this place to anyone.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
6 Thank jhrslr
Also consider these accommodations in or near Youngstown
Comfort Inn The Pointe
#4 of 51 in Niagara Falls
Falls Motel
Falls Motel
#20 of 51 in Niagara Falls

Been to Lakeview Motel & Cottage? Share your experiences!