“A Local Favorite”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Mac & cheese Monday. Better than my mothers and hers was amazing. Think fine dining on plastic table clothes stapled to the table. I've never eaten a bad thing here. Tonight I had the Wednesday special: open faced Reuben. There were tons if perfectly cooked steak fries and a huge mound of perfectly cooked corned beef smothered with their house sauerkraut (shredded carrots!), cheese and thousand island dressing. I loved it. Their soup selections are always great and often imaginative. They once had peanut butter and jelly soup. I still regret not ordering that. Go! You will love it!

12/8/13 Here for breakfast this morning. Saw their menu tease on Facebook that they had Eggnog French Toast. Honestly, it was perfect...perfectly grilled huge pieces of Texas toast covered with eggnog that had a little kick of rum (I think...going to ask!). Serving sizes are huge so share if you need to. Already getting a good breakfast buzz and they just started breakfast service last weekend.

If you go, enjoy the casual atmosphere and know that everything you eat is made to order. It's worth the drive, too. Youngstown may seem like the middle if nowhere but in reality it's at the end of nowhere. Trust your GPS and let me know what you think. @JudeTheFoodie

#HaveAyummyDay

Reviewed July 24, 2013

On the eve of a family reunion we repaired to this very casual and relaxed family-style restaurant just a few miles from historic Youngstown. This bar and grill is a very lively place, just what we wanted. Food and service excellent and the ambiance is a plus.

This was yet another great dining/drinking experience on the Niagara Frontier!

Reviewed June 22, 2013

The food is always good here and very reasonably priced. Beeer is cheap and lots of people come to see whatever game is on TV. As the name implies a lot of bikers come to this bar but the clientele is friendly and congenial.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

So we went to Bandana's for their famous Fiesta Sunday menu. We arrived late, and all the Mexican was gone. We knew this would be the case because their chimichongas are so popular and when fresh food is gone, it's gone! No problem, plan B. A couple of friends recommended the Jerk Chicken. I went to Jamaica; loads of jerk chicken down there. Well, I thought I was back in Jamaica when I received my half chicken, sweet potato fries, salad and broccoli. The sweet memories of vacation resonated with this meal. Moist chicken, authentic jerk seasoning,and leaves of fresh rosemary softly sauteed made this chicken pop. Not crazy about potatoes, but I could not stop eating those savory, buttery sweet potato fries. I never knew sweet potato fries could be so good. The freshest broccoli is at Bandana's. If you're looking for a different flavor experience, please try the jerk chicken; no trip to the islands required. Please take note of the Norway Maple across the street, it's an icon!

Reviewed March 13, 2013

My husband and I have going to Bandanas since it opened. This is a casual, rural bar/restaurant. The food is consistently very good including the Friday fish fry and Mexican food on Sundays. It can be busy. The staff is competent, friendly and attentive. Chef Rob is quite creative and has catered many events for us. We have not been disappointed. Great prices, great drinks, interesting crowd.