“Just okay”

Thyme Restaurant
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Went there for our anniversary on 3/1/2014. Decor was very nice and warm. Service was very attentive. Food tasted a little bland and portions were small. We enjoyed it but it was nothing to rave about.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Food is excellent. Dark woods and mirrors create a romantic décor. We've been here several times and have never been disappointed.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Thyme is a restaurant which is a clear cut above "neighborhood: quality in menu and ambiance. The service is excellent, the attention to detail commendable, the culinary standard somewhat impressive. However the overall aura does come off as a little professionally cold in seeking to project a smart and toney atmosphere. Though hospitable, it doesn't project warmth or coziness. If it were not for the annually offered coupons (a great deal, so be on the lookout), in my estimation it would not have a good enough value to price ratio for an essentially positive and solid review, which this is meant to be.

There's something for every taste, and always something good or uniquely presented, as in not otherwise or easily found in the area. My one suggestion is related to the beginnings of a culinary experience there.The bread should be more interesting than a white round roll, a signature statement pointing to "artisan" quality, given this establishment's focus on standards. Also ice with water should be an option as it is currently presented otherwise at room temperature. Many similar restaurants of this quality offer good seasoned olive oil for dipping over plain butter. Small first impressions are important in establishing customer appreciation.

Get yourself a coupon for a good experience or be prepared to spend more than this level of solid experience need elsewhere cost. If I left with the actual cost for two glasses of (good) wine, two (very good) appetizers and two (good) mains actually presented in our bill, it would not have been worth the experience. As we in effect paid half, it certainly was and we will return under similar circumstances.

1  Thank preglad
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I shared a nice Hudson Valley restaurant week dinner with friends. The meal consisted of an appitizer, entree, and dessert, and even though the portions are a little small, everyone considered the $39.95 price to be well worth it.

Thyme fancies itself as an upscale restaurant, and service and food were both excellent. Unfortunately, it's in a lousy location next to a fitness center on Rt. 202 in Yorktown. Overall, I'd give it another try if I were in the mood for a quiet evening out with my wife. Just don't bring the kids as it is not very family friendly.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

My Daughter and I had dinner at Thyme last evening and it was "fantastic". This was my 4th time there. The appetizer of Sushi over guacamole was one of the best taste treats we've ever enjoyed! The Scallops entrée was superb as well! Service was great and staff couldn't have been nicer! We can't wait to go back!!