“HATED THE HOTEL,”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Yonkers
new york city
“HATED THE HOTEL,”
Reviewed August 17, 2008

stayed one night on august 16, 2008. had an event there. dispute from another party escalated to fights and police called. other party patrons arrested. the next morning on august 17, 2008 noticed that my windows were broken on my car. hotel acted nonchalantly as if they had nothing to do with it. called police to make a report. police stated that they hotel should have called the police on the 16th before escalation of violence. my guests were terrified. the hall manager also did not want to shoulder any blame for the incident.

will never use hotel again

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank bessiet

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Greek first
NYC
Reviewed August 16, 2008

Dear General Manager Mr. Ykcar:

I was a guest at your hotel for five days from Tuesday 8/12/2008 till Sunday 8/17/2008. The entire experience was so awful I fell compelled to inform you. I called to book room and explained I would be staying for five nights from Tuesday 8/12/08 and would need a late check out on Sunday 8/7/08. I was quoted a corporate rate and gave my credit card number to hold the room.
When I checked into the room I explained to the front desk clerk attendant that I would be working nights in the city during my stay and would be using the room to sleep from 6am to mid afternoon. I asked the attendant to have some extra pillows put in the room so when I got in at 6am he first (rudely) refused telling me I should ask the desk clerk when I come in. I explained that I would be tired when I got in and asked if he could please just put them in now so they would be there when I got in and he agreed and said he would take care of it. Later that evening I called and asked if a refrigerator could be put in my room the clerk that answered the phone (rudely) said that he probably would not be able to do it because the rate I was paying was discounted and that if he could do it at all there would be an extra charge. I explained to him I just booked the room and asked what the best rate I could get was and was not aware I was getting some supper discounted rate that made me less of a guest then anyone else. He then said (rudely) he would see what he could do but not to count on it.
When I arrived at the hotel at 6am Wednesday neither pillows nor a refrigerator had been placed in the room. The front desk clerk brought me the pillows at that time and I asked him if a refrigerator was available and he said he would bring one. He put a small refrigerator on a bellmen’s cart and pushed it into the elevator with me leaving it for me to bring it to my room at set it up. After I set up the refrigerator I tried to order a movie by dialing the phone number listed but the system did not work. I questioned the next day how to work the system and was told that a new phone system was being installed and the staff had no idea how long before pay per view movies would be available (it was not available for my entire five day stay). I tried using the fitness center the next morning and found that all of the cardio equipment was not working. I called the front desk to report that the equipment was not working and in a few minutes five maintenance men showed up (in such a small space five men made it now crowded) but regardless of the large amount of maintenance men I was told the machine was beyond repair. The front desk told me that the fitness center was being moved to another location in the hotel and that was why none of the equipment worked.
The finale insult came Saturday morning when a call from the front desk woke me up at 10am asking me if I was checking out. I told the caller no I had booked for five days and was not checking out till Sunday (a late check out) I explained that I was sleeping and he should check his records to confirm I was booked in the room till Sunday. Less then 30 minutes later the phone woke me up again with the same incompetent clerk asking if I was checking out, I told him this was the second time he woke me up and he apologized saying he had forgotten he had just called me. Then less then a 30 minutes later I was woken up a third time by a clerk banging (not knocking banging) on the door to my room screaming through the door that I had to check out. I first tried screaming at the door that I had spoken to the front desk already and had always been booked for five days. The clerk continued to bang on the door and rudely demanded I come to the door. When I finally came to the door (in my underwear) I told him I was booked till Sunday, he waved a card in my face saying I was meant to check out today. I then told him I had already spoken to the front desk he was waking me up for the third time and he should check with the front desk himself. When I closed door to go back to bed this incredibly rude man banged on the door and cursed me for closing the door in his face.
• Your brochure boasts a state of the art fitness center.
• You have a room with ONLY BROKEN MACHINES.
• You claim to have in room movies.
• You have NOTHING.
• You claim to have a caring staff.
• Your staff treated me like an intruder and not like a guest.
In short your hotel literature completely misrepresents the product you are selling

• Stayed August 2008
5 Thank shlomo151

Travelers are raving about these Yonkers hotels

Raleigh, NC
Reviewed March 8, 2008

This place should be closed down by the Board of Health. The room was dirty. The sheets were falling off the bed, which made me notice that one side of the bed looked like someone had been killed there. The side of the mattress and box spring were covered in what looked to me like blood, although to be fair, it could have been red wine. Nevertheless, blood or wine, it should have been cleaned up. The rug was so filthy I was afraid to walk on it. The pillows were awful. The bathroom gave me the willies. The people in the next room were fighting. The staff was unfriendly and not helpful. We only stayed overnight but had we needed to stay in Yonkers longer we would have gone up the hill to the Marriott. Never again! I'd rather sleep on a park bench than sleep here.

Stayed February 2008
2 Thank TheBritts
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 29, 2007

The hotel's plumbing is AWFUL!!! The bathtub stopped up after taking one shower. I couldn't get it fixed before my family had to check out. The carpet had a stale odor. When I checked out of the hotel, another guest stated that he had to leave because something was wrong. The misinformed manager investigated my problem and didn't find anything wrong with the tub but said that he found the toilet not working. I couldn't even get a partial refund after he told me I would get 15% off, then he reduced it to 10%, then he reduced it to none!!I Instead, he was explaining why the maintenance person came in late and couldn't fix it on the day I checked out. I since wrote a letter to the owner and received no response. GO FIGURE....

Stayed October 2007
3 Thank mailstop1
USA
Reviewed October 22, 2007

Royal Regency is an absolute dump. They are remodeling, so the outside looks okay. They had spent a lot of money on rock work for the lobby, but there was plastic covering the entrance way. The lobby looks nice, once you start down the hall way to a room you smell the stinch, but they already have your money. The rooms are more like a no-tell hotel than royal.

There were holes in the wall, the furniture looked like thrift store rejects and what staff speak english are rude. The room was suppose to be No smoking, but the bed linens were 'infused' with cigarette smoke stinch. If you moved in the bed the smoke stinch 'puffed' around you. Rats could be heard scratching in the walls through the night. Flies swarmed over the breakfast items in the nasty little room they claimed was their breakfast room.
This place was horrid and I would not have stayed had I had the ability to go else where as I was not traveling alone. Between ICE and the health department this place should be shut down!

Stayed October 2007
6 Thank LadyDivaBoone
Bergen County, New Jersey
Reviewed September 16, 2007

Have to say that this hotel exceeded my expectations. I stayed here while attending a friends wedding and was happy with the property. The wedding was on site and food and service were excellent. I would probably giver the hotel an overall excellent rating but it is still under renovation.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank Fibercut
Delaware
Reviewed September 8, 2007

I was attending a wedding in the area and we booked a room for the weekend. When we booked, we asked for handicap accessability, since I cannot handle stairs. We were assured that this was not a problem, but on arrival, we were advised that the front of the building was being remodeled and we had to uuse the back.

Thje back turned out to be stairs, no handicap ramp, no handicap parking, and no employees willing to assist, but they DID stand around and watch.

The room was a mess, dirty fabrics, stains on the carpet, and the tub was chipped in a number of places.

Had I seen this hotel before I booked, I would not have been willing to pay more than $50 a night

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — arrival
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
5 Thank VideoWolf
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yonkers
Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers - Westchester
Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers
Hyatt Place New York/Yonkers
Residence Inn Yonkers Westchester County
Radisson Hotel New Rochelle
Radisson Hotel New Rochelle
#1 of 2 in New Rochelle
Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson

Been to Royal Regency Hotel? Share your experiences!