Royal Regency Hotel
Orbitz.com
$123
$97
Hotels.com
All reviewsbanquet managerboutique hotelnew yorkhigh school reunioncontinental breakfastcustomer serviceenjoyed my stayyonkers areajamesloungenycbronx
Reviewed March 8, 2008

This place should be closed down by the Board of Health. The room was dirty. The sheets were falling off the bed, which made me notice that one side of the bed looked like someone had been killed there. The side of the mattress and box spring were covered in what looked to me like blood, although to be fair, it could have been red wine. Nevertheless, blood or wine, it should have been cleaned up. The rug was so filthy I was afraid to walk on it. The pillows were awful. The bathroom gave me the willies. The people in the next room were fighting. The staff was unfriendly and not helpful. We only stayed overnight but had we needed to stay in Yonkers longer we would have gone up the hill to the Marriott. Never again! I'd rather sleep on a park bench than sleep here.

Stayed: February 2008
2  Thank TheBritts
Reviewed November 29, 2007

The hotel's plumbing is AWFUL!!! The bathtub stopped up after taking one shower. I couldn't get it fixed before my family had to check out. The carpet had a stale odor. When I checked out of the hotel, another guest stated that he had to leave because something was wrong. The misinformed manager investigated my problem and didn't find anything wrong with the tub but said that he found the toilet not working. I couldn't even get a partial refund after he told me I would get 15% off, then he reduced it to 10%, then he reduced it to none!!I Instead, he was explaining why the maintenance person came in late and couldn't fix it on the day I checked out. I since wrote a letter to the owner and received no response. GO FIGURE....

Stayed: October 2007
3  Thank mailstop1
Reviewed October 22, 2007

Royal Regency is an absolute dump. They are remodeling, so the outside looks okay. They had spent a lot of money on rock work for the lobby, but there was plastic covering the entrance way. The lobby looks nice, once you start down the hall way to a room you smell the stinch, but they already have your money. The rooms are more like a no-tell hotel than royal.

There were holes in the wall, the furniture looked like thrift store rejects and what staff speak english are rude. The room was suppose to be No smoking, but the bed linens were 'infused' with cigarette smoke stinch. If you moved in the bed the smoke stinch 'puffed' around you. Rats could be heard scratching in the walls through the night. Flies swarmed over the breakfast items in the nasty little room they claimed was their breakfast room.
This place was horrid and I would not have stayed had I had the ability to go else where as I was not traveling alone. Between ICE and the health department this place should be shut down!

Stayed: October 2007
6  Thank LadyDivaBoone
Reviewed September 16, 2007

Have to say that this hotel exceeded my expectations. I stayed here while attending a friends wedding and was happy with the property. The wedding was on site and food and service were excellent. I would probably giver the hotel an overall excellent rating but it is still under renovation.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Fibercut
Reviewed September 8, 2007

I was attending a wedding in the area and we booked a room for the weekend. When we booked, we asked for handicap accessability, since I cannot handle stairs. We were assured that this was not a problem, but on arrival, we were advised that the front of the building was being remodeled and we had to uuse the back.

Thje back turned out to be stairs, no handicap ramp, no handicap parking, and no employees willing to assist, but they DID stand around and watch.

The room was a mess, dirty fabrics, stains on the carpet, and the tub was chipped in a number of places.

Had I seen this hotel before I booked, I would not have been willing to pay more than $50 a night

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank VideoWolf