“Mixed Feelings”

Royal Regency Hotel
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Yonkers
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We had booked the hotel for its location. We were going to see our new granddaughter and the Regency was 6 minutes away from my son's apartment. The staff was very courteous and helpful. However, the room, although very clean was very outdated. Furniture should be replaced. Also there was no microwave or refrigerator in the room. I needed a refrigerator for medicines that had to be taken. I could have gotten on for a $10 a day fee. Used an old fashioned cooler instead. May have to think about staying there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was our first time in this Hotel. It was a nice room and the breakfast was fine. No eggs but the bread and cereal were good. The only problem seemed that we could hear the TV in the next room. Not sure if the TV was very loud or the wall was thin. The people we came in contact with were very nice. The cleaning girls kept the room very clean. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cat62666
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Stayed here previously and was more than satisfied with everything. There were a couple of small issued and we ended up changing rooms twice, but they were very accommodating.
We returned to this hotel recently to attend the nearby baptism of our first grandchild. Our room was clean but showing lots of wear. Had booked the room for 3 adults but not enough towels. The morning of the baptism, we awoke early to shower and meet our family for 8:00 am. Went to retrieve something out of my bag and noticed my clothes were wet. Water was dripping on them from the smoke detector! In the bathroom, water was leaking between the walls, running through cracks along the tub and into the tub, between the walls, and underneath the bathroom tiles. It continued our into the room. I went down to the front desk and returned to the room with an employee to show him what was happening. We were told they would give us a different room. Also tried to make a small pot of coffee in the room and found a used coffee filter from the previous people who had rented the room! By this time, it was too late for us to shower so we quickly packed everything up and left for the baptism. Needless to say, this was not the way to start such a special day! I have written to the manager but he has yet to respond to my email. We will be looking to stay elsewhere when next we visit our daughter and her family. Too bad....

Room Tip: If there on a weekend, ask to be away from the ballroom and the bar....especially if there is a wedd...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank karoheri1987
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We were road tripping through New England and decided since we were only a couple hours from New York we'd like to pop in for a visit. We decided on this hotel as we had been looking for something fairly close to the city where we could leave the car and take the train in. The Metro North station is only about 10ish min away ($15 cab ride), and the train costs $15 return and takes only about 20-25 min.
The hotel itself is really nice. Love the elegant old world décor. The check in desk though is actually on the 2nd floor up the stairs. We stood at the desk on the main level for a few minutes looking around for someone. To be fair there was a sign right on the desk to check in upstairs but we didn't even notice it. It would be helpful to have a larger one closer to the stairs. The room itself was a really good size. It's walking a fine line between outdated and old world décor though. I liked it, my sister thought it needed updating. It was very clean though. Free wifi but it was pretty slow at times. Front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. Even let me use the phone after we had checked out to make our next night's reservation in another city. Nice continental breakfast- toast, bagels, fruit, yogurt, etc. We didn't have any microwave or fridge in the room, but I think they have other rooms with them if you request it. I would stay here again if I ever found myself in Yonkers.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Went up to the Venue Lounge with some friends and family for the fourth of July weekend. We all had a great time in the lounge downstairs and decided to stay in the hotel for the night rather than drive back to my friend house. Great breakfast the next day which helped after a long night.....lol

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I am in transition of moving to the East Coast and while looking for an apartment/home I stayed at the Royal Regency for a few days. Their rates were reasonable and the rooms were spacious. I am glad I found this place because it makes my move more comfortable

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We stayed at this property for two nights recently because it was the best appearing option suggested by Sarah Lawrence College for accomodations near the college (we were bringing our 17-year-old daughter for an admissions tour). The hotel was very disappointing for three primary reasons. First, it smelled just terrible. The rug in the elevator was severely mildewed, the carpets in the hallways reeked, and there were unpleasant food smells in the common areas. Second, the hotel claims to offer a fitness center, but it is very small, does not open until 7 (which is way too late for people who need to be somewhere), and on the day I tried to use it did not open by 7:15 because the general manager had yet to arrive to unlock it. Third, everything about this hotel is just terribly cheap. There is no soap dish by the bathroom sink. There is only one wastebasket for both the inner and the outer bathroom areas. The only cups in the room were small and plastic, and when I ordered a class of wine from room service, it too was delivered in a plastic cup. The hotel claims to have a restaurant but it appears to be little more than a not very nice bar. This hotel promises way more than it delivers. I have been fortunate to stay in many nice hotels and resorts, but I also travel for work and stay in more modest places quite happily if the hotel is clean, has a workout facility, and fast wireless. This hotel failed on two of my three minimum criteria (the Internet was just fine). Sarah Lawrence College visitors, stay elsewhere!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank MaryKTX
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yonkers
Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers
2 mi away
Hyatt Place New York/Yonkers
Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers - Westchester
Courtyard by Marriott Yonkers Westchester County
Residence Inn by Marriott Yonkers Westchester County
Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson

Been to Royal Regency Hotel? Share your experiences!