“Not bad, not great. Good location with a car.”
Review of Ramada Yonkers

Ramada Yonkers
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Yonkers
Reviewed November 28, 2010

While the breakfast was merely bread, cereal, juice and coffee, I have seen worse; and at least there was a lotsa room to eat and hang out. The beds were good but thin; they are perfect for one person in each (thus I would not put four people in a two-double-bed room no matter how friendly they were). Parking is easy, but up a hill above the hotel. In the winter, this hill may be dangerous. No problems .... EZ access to Thruway.. on the NYC subway (1) in 7 minutes as there is free parking nearby, especially easy on weekends as meters are only M-F. In summary, it's THE reason to stay here: location plus under-$100 price.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed November 15, 2010

Family stayed here for a visit from Chicago. This Hotel offers nothing. Suppose to have coffee in morning, breakfast room closed. We had to walk down a very very large hill and cross a major road to get coffee at Dunkin Donuts. There is no resturant to eat. Staff was nice, rooms are small. Nice pool. Not really much to offer here.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 4, 2010

This hotel use to be operated and managed by Holiday Inn. No wonder they vacated it several years ago.
Ramada should do the same just to save their reputation.

I stay there because it is the better (not really) of two evils. Should I travel to my customer in NY traffic or stay at the Ramada because it is closer to my customer?

First of all, the restaurant used for breakfast is a disgrace. The last time I stayed there, a month or so ago, I walked in and walked out after giving it a once over. It was so hot, they didn't even use the air conditioning. I won't say any more.

This time, my room had a dirty bed spread. God only knows what was on it. The toilet had a spec of human excrement stuck in the bowl. There appeared to be sinus excrement on the side of the TV cabinet. The 110 volt receptacle was coming out of the lamp at the desk. The chair sat crooked. The toilet ran every 5 minutes and the tube TV's are out dated and too dark. I don't think anyone has ever moved the end tables and dusted behind them either. Why didn't I ask for a different room? Because all rooms are basically the same. I stayed in a handicap room last summer. There was soap left in the shower, paper in the toilet, and hair strands on the floor.

The more I think about it, I think traveling in NY traffic on my next visit to Yonkers, may be the better solution. I know that there are better hotels in West Chester, NY.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 28, 2010

My stay did not start well, lets preface this so you understand. I prefer the older style hotels that offer outside room entrances versus the interior. This is for two reasons, convenience to the car and also for smoking purposes. I couldnt tell from the pictures very well so I called the hotel directly regarding the hotel and was informed that they had both. I went ahead and confirmed the reservation and noted it that I wanted an exterior cooridor room. I then called ahead and advised the same thing and not a problem. I get there, confirm at check-in and go to the room and it was an interior entrance, not what I wanted. I went back to the desk explained the situation received an apology promptly for the misunderstanding and after some delay and searching, I was upgraded to a suite as they only have 3 suites that have exterior entrances. This part was recovered wonderfully after all my efforts and really more than I could have asked for in this case without relocating.
I went to the suite which is amazingly large for a NY property. The suite is very well designed and comfortable. The bathroom was fully cleaned and free from hair with light mildew on th caulk but wonderful none the less. Unfortunately, it appears as though someone stopped midway as the bed was not made and the last guests breakfast was still on the end table. Everything else had been cleaned and was in good order and if it would have been fully complete, I would have given it a 5 for cleanliness. I contacted the desk, again an apology and said would send someone right away. After waiting over 20 minutes, the room attendant arrived and fixed the items necessary and was as friendly as possible even with a communication barrier. After this part everything about the stay was great, the room was very comfortable and I enjoyed my stay with them.
Cleanliness = 4 of 5 as room was not fully cleaned.
Service 4 of 5 = Confusion with questions and requests, and no follow up to see if everything was satisfactory after confusion and check-in into dirty room. I gave a 4 because the agent did what she needed to do but most of all she apologized for the confusion. I would have given the 5 but I would have preferred a call to make sure everything was taken care of in the room.
Value - 5 of 5 Definately makes the grade for value.
Rooms = 5 of 5 , Room was large, comfortable, functional. If you can afford the upgrade to the suite, its worth it.
Sleep Quality, = I love the brand of beds in the room and found the room to be very comfortable.
All in All while it started off bad, it ended up wonderfully and I will definately be back.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank brijoli
Reviewed May 23, 2010

The breakfast included watered down coffee and juice.
cereal was offered bur had the worst tasting milk. Rubbery waffles also. If I offered an inclusive breakfast you best believe it would be a memorable one that would bring me back so I wouldn't have to go to the donut shop across the street for a decent cup of coffee. I also hung the Do Not Disturb sign on the door and it was completely ignored. What is up with that? This Ramada on Tuckahoe needs serious revamping on the continental breakfast especially if the health of your customers is at stake.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank stylistpatti
Reviewed January 30, 2010

Our non-smoking room smelled exactly like a smoking room - we had to open the window even though it was freezing and they sent up an air freshener. We probably normally could have switched to another non-smoker room but figured it might also smell like a smoking room and we had already settled in and opened the window and gone to dinner while it aired out. There was some construction going on which further inconvenienced us but it was a huge upgrade from the regency down the street that we had moved to this hotel from that one. Only reason to stay here is if location is important and you would need to avoid the horror next door called Royal Regency.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed August 19, 2009

We stayed at the Ramada Inn in Yonkers because we were attending a party nearby. It looks like they rennovated this motel because everything in the rooms looked new. Look, its not a destination resort but its fine, maybe a little better than fine. The pool is cute (seems like it is a pool club for the ladies in the neighborhood), the staff is very nice. It sits on a hill away from the road, which is nice. The bar was packed on Saturday night with a DJ spinning (with an older crowd, not kids) but in our room near the pool we weren't disturbed. It is a two story motel with spark.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yonkers
Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers
Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers - Westchester
Royal Regency Hotel
Royal Regency Hotel
#5 of 6 in Yonkers
Hyatt Place New York/Yonkers
Residence Inn by Marriott Yonkers Westchester County
Ardsley Acres Hotel Court

Been to Ramada Yonkers? Share your experiences!