“Didnt start well, ended nicely” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Yonkers

Ramada Yonkers
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Yonkers
Connecticut
“Didnt start well, ended nicely”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2010

My stay did not start well, lets preface this so you understand. I prefer the older style hotels that offer outside room entrances versus the interior. This is for two reasons, convenience to the car and also for smoking purposes. I couldnt tell from the pictures very well so I called the hotel directly regarding the hotel and was informed that they had both. I went ahead and confirmed the reservation and noted it that I wanted an exterior cooridor room. I then called ahead and advised the same thing and not a problem. I get there, confirm at check-in and go to the room and it was an interior entrance, not what I wanted. I went back to the desk explained the situation received an apology promptly for the misunderstanding and after some delay and searching, I was upgraded to a suite as they only have 3 suites that have exterior entrances. This part was recovered wonderfully after all my efforts and really more than I could have asked for in this case without relocating.
I went to the suite which is amazingly large for a NY property. The suite is very well designed and comfortable. The bathroom was fully cleaned and free from hair with light mildew on th caulk but wonderful none the less. Unfortunately, it appears as though someone stopped midway as the bed was not made and the last guests breakfast was still on the end table. Everything else had been cleaned and was in good order and if it would have been fully complete, I would have given it a 5 for cleanliness. I contacted the desk, again an apology and said would send someone right away. After waiting over 20 minutes, the room attendant arrived and fixed the items necessary and was as friendly as possible even with a communication barrier. After this part everything about the stay was great, the room was very comfortable and I enjoyed my stay with them.
Cleanliness = 4 of 5 as room was not fully cleaned.
Service 4 of 5 = Confusion with questions and requests, and no follow up to see if everything was satisfactory after confusion and check-in into dirty room. I gave a 4 because the agent did what she needed to do but most of all she apologized for the confusion. I would have given the 5 but I would have preferred a call to make sure everything was taken care of in the room.
Value - 5 of 5 Definately makes the grade for value.
Rooms = 5 of 5 , Room was large, comfortable, functional. If you can afford the upgrade to the suite, its worth it.
Sleep Quality, = I love the brand of beds in the room and found the room to be very comfortable.
All in All while it started off bad, it ended up wonderfully and I will definately be back.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank brijoli

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Bowie, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2010

The breakfast included watered down coffee and juice.
cereal was offered bur had the worst tasting milk. Rubbery waffles also. If I offered an inclusive breakfast you best believe it would be a memorable one that would bring me back so I wouldn't have to go to the donut shop across the street for a decent cup of coffee. I also hung the Do Not Disturb sign on the door and it was completely ignored. What is up with that? This Ramada on Tuckahoe needs serious revamping on the continental breakfast especially if the health of your customers is at stake.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank stylistpatti
Dallas, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2010

Our non-smoking room smelled exactly like a smoking room - we had to open the window even though it was freezing and they sent up an air freshener. We probably normally could have switched to another non-smoker room but figured it might also smell like a smoking room and we had already settled in and opened the window and gone to dinner while it aired out. There was some construction going on which further inconvenienced us but it was a huge upgrade from the regency down the street that we had moved to this hotel from that one. Only reason to stay here is if location is important and you would need to avoid the horror next door called Royal Regency.

• Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2009

We stayed at the Ramada Inn in Yonkers because we were attending a party nearby. It looks like they rennovated this motel because everything in the rooms looked new. Look, its not a destination resort but its fine, maybe a little better than fine. The pool is cute (seems like it is a pool club for the ladies in the neighborhood), the staff is very nice. It sits on a hill away from the road, which is nice. The bar was packed on Saturday night with a DJ spinning (with an older crowd, not kids) but in our room near the pool we weren't disturbed. It is a two story motel with spark.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2008

I would class this as a one star hotel. I booked a suite for 9 days while I was visiting relatives. Room was moderately clean but when I looked behind the sofa bed I found lots of rubbish. However I wasn't surprised as I noticed the cleaners all seem to be overworked but are very polite. The hotel is dated and the elevator is ancient. To access the suites you had to go down to the basement and outside which was quite scary at night. They are located near the laundry and rubbish bins which were quite a sight. Inside the main building there is always a very strong smell of cooking. I am suprised this was rated before a nearby hotel as I had stayed there two years ago and it is much nicer. Bit pricey for location and services offered

• Liked — pool
  • Disliked — location of rooms
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Bridget01

Travelers are raving about these Yonkers hotels

maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2008

We stayed here for two nights in June 2008. Our room was in the section that was not connected by interior doors to the lobby. The room was clean and had a lovely treed view. There was no traffic noise or parking lot noise as we faced the trees. We were however directly across from a meeting room in use both days so there was hallway noise. This hotel isn't fancy but it met our needs. The service in the restaurant for breakfast was not good. Our orders were misunderstood and took so long to come out that we dared not send them back. We waited a long time for the bill even though there was only one other table occupied. There's not much choice for hotels in Yonkers so I guess we'd stay here again because of the location off the road.

Stayed June 2008
1 Thank marylandtraveler1950
North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2008

Chose Yonkers because it is a much shorter drive to LGA than from where we had spent the previous night, and we had an early flight. Resonable cost, given proximity to NYC, and very comfortable bed. Late check in was fine; used steps to room, since elevator was tiny and did not look clean.
However, room was clean and well furnished.
Breakfast not included; restaurant opens at 7p, which was too late for us.
Overall a fine place to stay, if you don't need breakfast.

• Liked — Short drive to airport
  • Disliked — No breakfast, not even "bag to go" like some other chains
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yonkers
Royal Regency Hotel
Royal Regency Hotel
#5 of 6 in Yonkers
Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers
Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers - Westchester
Hyatt Place New York/Yonkers
Residence Inn Yonkers Westchester County
Ardsley Acres Hotel Court

Been to Ramada Yonkers? Share your experiences!