“Wonderful blueberry pancakes!”

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Yonkers
Tunbridge Wells, UK
“Wonderful blueberry pancakes!”
Reviewed November 12, 2006

I stayed here because I was charity business and all hotels in New York City seemed to cost a fortune due to Hallowe'en and the New York marathon. I thought it would be an easy train ride into Grand Central from Yonkers, but in fact the station was a 20 minute bus ride away and then a short walk up a very steep hill!! However, it is near a motorway if you come by car. Apart from the wierd decor in the public rooms, I actually thought the hotel itself was very comfortable for the price. My room was spacious (could have slept 5!) and the outlook was surprisingly nice, especially with the fall colours. Make sure you ask for a room at the back, otherwise you will be overlooking the car park. What really astounded me at the hotel was the quality of the food. Breakfast was served rather than a buffet, and everything was freshly cooked. The blueberry pancakes were amazing! I ate in the restaurant one evening - good pizzas from a brick fired oven and some interesting Italian dishes. If you can't afford Manhattan prices, this is a very reasonable option.

• Liked — The unexpectedly good food in the restaurant
  • Disliked — The distance to the train station
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Graham2109

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Sebastian, Florida
Reviewed July 7, 2006

This was our 3rd stay in three years and we have always been satisfied. The rooms are clean, spacious and quiet. The hotel is off Tuckahoe road , very close to the Intertstate and parkway but up on a hill, secluded. We had our own private balcony, overlooking trees and mountains. The balcony was great considering my husband is a smoker, didn't have to go downstairs every time he wanted a cigarette.
The pool is great for kids and adults with lots of space and lounge chairs There is an on site restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner, although the restaurant always seemed to be hot and they ere onsistently claning iwht bleach while we were trying to enjoy our meal...... they serve the best brick oven pizza I ever tasted!!!!!! We asked for extra towels and got them right away, the entire staff was always very cordial and nice We would definelty stay at the Ramada again.

• Stayed May 2006
9 Thank Patricia G
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 26, 2005

Stayed here over the Thanksgiving Holiday, 2005. The rooms are average size, basically clean, well lighted. The matress was above average and comfortable. The walls are THIN and voices and words from our neighbors were heard. The door to balcony was drafty, especially as temps fell to the low 30's. The bathroom was clean but still had an ant problem in November. The plumbing backed up and toilet was unusable for last nite (Friday) of stay. Maintenence personnel stated he was not qualified to fix it. Plunger was no help. This was a first floor room. The outside door to the parking lot was left open ALL NITE and the cold air filled the inner corridor. I rolled a towel inside the room door to block cold air. I felt this was a definate security issue. Anybody could walk in from the parking lot with no visible security attendent and have access to any rooms. The hotel shares a parking lot with a restrauant and attempting to find parking near the room before the restrauant closed for the evening (11pm) was difficult. We ended up on a hill, quite a ways away. Handicapped spots were filled. Housekeeping forgot to clean our room , second day of a 3 day stay. Request for extra towels, written and left in the bathroom, was unfilled. Management did comp us a nite. Location is high up a steep driveway away from the hustle and bustle sounds of highways. However the sound system fo the niteclub/restrauant could be heard in our first floor room.

Stayed November 2005
20 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Yonkers hotels

Miami
Reviewed September 4, 2005

This former Holiday Inn is now a Ramada Hotel. I stayed there for my third time Aug 2005 and was still very satisfied with the place. The lobby is sort of small and sparse but the rooms are nice, quiet, clean and spacious. Despite the Yonkers address the hotel is located off the main road in a country like setting. The rooms have balconies overlooking a rural country area with lots of trees. Location is right off I-87 and also close to other major roadways. I highly recommend this hotel for all types of travelers.

Stayed August 2005
14 Thank jt57
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 2, 2004

I just spent two nights at the Holiday Inn Yonkers and was pleased with my accomodations. The hotel has been there for awhile, but was recently updated; the hallways are a little dim (we were staying on the lower floor), but once we got into the room, it was quite nice, and clean. The woman at the front desk was very nice when we checked in and upgraded us to a king bed, instead of the double we had booked online (due to that being the only option available). Our room was also very quiet because we faced the wooded area behind the hotel. I appreciated this, because the last time we were in Yonkers, we stayed at a neighboring hotel, which was right on the main road (the holiday inn sits at the top of a hill, away from the road), and we were kept awake all night with traffic, sirens, etc...
Overall, the hotel is nothing extremely attractive, but it is decent, clean, the air conditioner unit was quiet, and I slept well.
By the way, it is only 30 minute train ride from Bronxeville (right next to Yonkers), into NYC.

21 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yonkers
Royal Regency Hotel
Royal Regency Hotel
#5 of 6 in Yonkers
Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers
Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers - Westchester
Hyatt Place New York/Yonkers
Residence Inn Yonkers Westchester County
Ardsley Acres Hotel Court

Been to Ramada Yonkers? Share your experiences!