“FRESH MADE ALL U CAN EAT”
Review of Sushi Palace

Sushi Palace
Ranked #177 of 326 Restaurants in Yonkers
Cuisines: Japanese
Westchester, New York, United States
“FRESH MADE ALL U CAN EAT”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

All the food is fresh and made to order, so you may have to wait patiently - but it is soooo worth the wait! There's a variety of homemade soups, appetizers, sushi, sashami, habachi, small salad bar and ice cream. The staff are every acommodating. You are never rushed, but they do ask you not to waste food, and they do not have doggie bags to go. Besides a restaurant area with tables and booths, there is seating at the sushi bar.
My family and I keep on returning as well as have introduced this restaurant to others, who have the same reaction.

• Visited April 2014

Bronx, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sushi Lover's Dream”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My family and I were looking for a good restaurant in Yonkers when we noticed a sign that said "All You Can Eat". While we are not lovers of "Buffets", we decided to give it a try as it was a sushi restaurant. I have to say, this was the "best" sushi I have ever had!! We tried a roll called "Snow White" which had an excellent mango and pineapple taste. Needless to say, it really was the best roll ever. We have not been able to find it at any other sushi restaurants. The service was excellent and we look forward to going back very soon.

• Visited July 2013
Delray Beach, Florida
“Good place but needs to mature”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

As lovers of sushi, our family is always on the lookout for the best bang for our buck. When we drove by the Sushi Palace in Yonkers and saw the sign that said "All You Can Eat", we were intrigued. Upon entering we found, not a buffet restaurant, but a sit down restaurant, similar to a Chinese Dim Sum restaurant. We were given "laundry list" menus to check off the items we wanted, and the selections were brought to the table. Two menus are provided; one contains all their sushi choices, including sashimi, sushi, maki rolls and special rolls. The other menu contains what they call Kitchen items, including soups, appetizers, tempura, teriyaki and noodle dishes. Being a party of six, we put in our first order for the table, starting with two different soups, chicken sticks, shumai, gyoza, fried calamari, chicken and shrimp tempura and salmon teriyaki. We followed that with a nice selection of assorted sushi and sashimi, served beautifully on a huge platter. In addition to the menu items, there is also a small hibachi grill where several of us had custom stir fry prepared. Then it was back to the menus for a final order of more tempura and sushi. Four of us opted for large bowls of ice cream to finish the meal. All this for the fixed price of $19.99. Not a bad deal. On the positive side, the room itself is very comfortable and the food was quite good. The sushi was fresh and as good as we have had in any of the more expensive sushi restaurants in the area. All the Kitchen dishes were also quite good. All fresh and served piping hot. And the young man at the hibachi did magical things with a limited number of ingredients. On the negative side, they need to improve their service. The servers were very disorganized and needed to be constantly reminded when asked to bring something to the table. I was given a bowl of soup, but no spoon. It took almost five minutes for the spoon to arrive. I asked for a clean plate and waited so long, that I finally went over to the hibachi area and took my own plate from there. My understanding is that the restaurant is only open a few months and it appears the staff could use more training. With better service I would certainly raise my rating to Very Good. One final item that we found very strange. The menu indicated a choice of five ice cream flavors; Strawberry, Chocolate, Vanilla, Red Bean and Green Tea. Two of our party ordered vanilla and two ordered chocolate. The server returned and said there was no vanilla, chocolate or strawberry. Only red bean or green tea. None of us wanted green tea and all went with red bean. I must admit, the ice cream was delicious, but how could they be out of the three most popular flavors. Very strange. I intend to go back and hope to see improvement over the coming months.

• Visited July 2013