“Not worth it”

and up
LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Westchester Admission Ticket
Ranked #1 of 11 Fun & Games in Yonkers
More attraction details
Owner description: Jump into the biggest box of LEGO bricks ever! Over 3 million LEGO® bricks under one roof...-MINILAND - see your favorite New York landmarks!-Kingdom Quest - an interactive LEGO laser ride-4D Cinema - feel part of the story-Master Model Builder - learn LEGO secrets-Birthday parties, school workshops and a huge LEGO shop!Come and experience the ultimate family entertainment attraction for LEGO fans of all ages!
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We went on a weekday morning, because of all the comments on the weekend rush. We were out of school, but NY schools were in session, so we thought it would be okay. There were an insane number of kids in school groups. I don't know what the safe capacity of the place is, but I can't imagine what it would be like in an emergency. The wait time to get into the ropes climbing gym was ridiculous and the kids were absolutely wild in there. My daugher is a tough seven year old(she can take a licking in TaeKwonDo) but this was terrifying.

The crowd thinned out after a couple of hours, I guess the school groups went somewhere for lunch.

Two little (maybe two minutes each) rides, wait times 30-45 minutes for each. The 4D movie was good, probably because we only tried to get in after the school kids had left.

Their cafe was horrible. Bad food and high prices. We decided to hang on for a later lunch outside.

The lego master class was great. But we only got in because we went into the classroom 15 minutes before the scheduled start time. But we used the time to play with the legos, so no big deal on that wait.

Not worth the $40 we paid to get the two of us in, nor the three hours we spent to have maybe 30 minutes of fun. Good thing my wife decided to shop at the mall where this is located.

2  Thank BostonBrrr
LDCWestchester, Marketing at LEGOLAND Discovery Center Westchester, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Hi BostonBrrr,
I am very sorry to hear that your visit did not live up to your expectations. You visited at the same time as some of our very first school groups. Please be aware that we are working as quickly as possible to iron out the kinks and ensure that both families and school groups can have a fun day at our Center!

Thank you for your input regarding the food, we are always working to improve and we will certainly take this into consideration. We strive to offer a range of food options and prices in order to cater to the variety of guests that visit us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the Master Builder Academy! Providing memorable experiences is our absolute top priority and I hope that you will have the opportunity to visit us again soon.

Please feel free to email us at westchester@legolanddiscoverycenter.com should you have any additional questions, concerns or input.

There are newer reviews for LEGOLAND Discovery Center Westchester

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Took three boys under 10 to Legoland Yonkers over April break and was not very impressed. Tucked into the end of the new Ridge Hill Mall, it was hectic and crowded on an early Friday afternoon (mostly with Nutmeggers on break). Some of the interfaces were not functioning, not very big, two little rides and a theater that plays Lego shorts, such as one might find on YouTube. The prices at the Lego store were very good for the +$100 sets and the staff were cheery and helpful.

2  Thank jskim
LDCWestchester, Marketing at LEGOLAND Discovery Center Westchester, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Hi Jskim,

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize that your recent visit did not meet your expectations. Please be aware that on the weekends we have had a high number of guests visiting our attraction and I am very sorry that you feel like it was hectic. We are encouraging all of our guests to pre-book their tickets online during the weekends in order to minimize queue lines. We appreciate your understanding as we are continuing to work out all of the kinks to ensure that LEGOLAND Discovery Center Westchester is a fun and happy place for all of our guests!

In regards to the pricing, we feel that our tickets are priced competively considering the variety of activities that we have to offer our guests.

I am glad to hear that our staff was cheery & friendly and I hope that you will visit us again soon!

Reviewed April 20, 2013

My kids, 5 and 3, had a good time. It was our first time to Legoland and before our visit I heard a about it from my California friends. The ones in California are known as "parks" and I can see why they labeled this one a "discovery center". I was hoping it would be bigger. They have a decent area for the kids to play while the parents can sit around. The kids had fun but probably won't be coming back anytime soon.

Hi Ranzerox,

Thank you for your feedbacak. I apologize if your recent experience did not live up to your expectations. LEGOLAND Parks and LEGOLAND Discovery Centers are certainly quite different as you mentioned. LEGOLAND Discovery Centers are designed to be 2-3 hours of family fun, interactivity and learning whereas the LEGOLAND Parks are intended to be a full day experience.

Once again, thank you and I am pleased to hear that your kids enjoyed their recent visit!

Reviewed April 20, 2013

I took my 2 boys (6 and 3 years old). They are HUGE lego fans and were so excited to go to Lego discovery center. The "lego factory" was a joke.. you are so excited to get into the place and this room basically has several computer screens and buttons to push. Having toured the Crayola "factory" out in PA, I thought we would actually see legos being made but this really seemed to be just a distraction before the first ride. The main room was my biggest complaint. My boys went racing to enter the jungle gym thing and my 3 year old was turned away because he was too small which cause a huge melt down by my younger son. All he wants to do is race after his older brother. Secondly, if you dont have 2 adults, now you have to distract the second one while hoping the first one does not come out of the "cage" and wonder off. I was told that the duplo area was for the younger kids but this is a very simple slide which my son did go up and down 4-5 times but we were done well before my older son was out of the middle area. We did play with the soft large legos but again, we were finished with this area in 15 mins. We go to playgrounds at home 5 times a week with much more exciting slides that this one. The play ground down by the Cheesecake factory is more entertaining and that is free.

We were basically "done" with lego discovery center and I looked at my watch - we had only been there an hour. I have to say that my kids were "too young" or "too hyper" to do the master builder or the race cars. The second ride seemed too scary for my yonger son. If I had a daughter, I would have been insulted by the "friends" area. It was just a pink and purple lounge from what I could see.

For the price, I would not be rushing back any time soon. Of course the only exit is through the gift shop - like another reviewer I tried to use my Lego VIP card and was turned away. I was shocked how much my lego purchases added up to - I am not that much for checking prices but it did seem much more expensive that I typcially pay for lego stuff.

Over all my boys did have a fun time but for the money - We were out of the place in less than 2 hours and spent a huge amount of money.

1  Thank LisaSmith67

Hi LisaSmith67,

Thank you for your review. We apologize that your recent visit did not live up to your expectations. Please be aware that there are height restrictions in place strictly for our guests' safety as that is an absolute top priority. Also, children are not able to leave the LEGO City Soft Play zone without an adult, so please be assured that your older son would have been safe until your return!

The LEGO Racers: Build & Test zone & the Master Builder Academy are some popular guest's favorites, so if you come back and visit us, be sure to check those areas out! The LEGO Friends area is also very popular among both our male & female guests because there is karoake and a LEGO build area!

In regards to our price, we feel that our tickets are priced competitively considering the range of activities that we have to offer inside our attraction. We are unfortunately not able to accept LEGO VIP Points in our gift store because we are owned and operated by Merlin Entertainments Group, not the LEGO Group.

I am glad to hear that your boys had a fun time despite your concerns and we hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Just returned from LEGOLAND, Yonkers an am disappointed that I have purchased season passes to this attraction.

I visited LEGOLAND with my son and grandson at 6 PM ...April 19, 2013.

When we arrived...the clerk had trouble getting our cards processed.

We passed through the lobby and had to look for the push button to enter the site.

When we got inside...the first two machines for children to see how he lego bricks are
made were not working.

The girl assigned to this area never spoke to us...so we just passed on through.

No complimentary lego cube was offered or given to my grandson who is 5.

We walked on to where the laser gun ride was and there was no line. We hopped on and
but found that 2 of the 4 laser guns were not working.

There was no one at the picture stand so we did not purchase the picture.

We walked through the miniature Lego city and on to where children can make cars to race
down ramps with supplied Lego. However...there were enough wheels for about 4 cars and
there were many more children.
The area was in total disarray...Lego pieces all over the floor...extremely untidy.
No employee in evidence in this area.

The hand cleanser dispenser was empty.

The kitchen Lego area was upside down and the Lego was all over the floor.

There was only one employee observed in the main play area and I counted at least
20 children. ..which is not enough supervision for children of this age.

There was no line for the only other ride at this venue and the squeak from the ride whether
intentional or unintentional was extremely annoying.

When I went to the kiosk to fill out questions about my visit...I waited for
one person to finish...after 15 minutes of waiting ...I gave up.

I also noticed at least 5 people enter the attraction from the Lego store without paying and
no one was watching. The 2 fellows at the counter were chatting with each other.

They had the right idea...The visit to LEGOLAND should have been free...none of us should have had to pay. The place was disgraceful...and the food is horrible and overpriced.

2  Thank C B

Hi C B,

Thank you for feedback. We sincerely apologize for your disappointing experience as this is definitely not the type of experience that we strive to provide to our guests.

Providing memorable experiences is our absolute type priority at LEGOLAND Discovery Center Westchester. We appreciate your understanding that we are working as quickly as possible to iron out the kinks since our recent grand opening. We are constantly working to improve and several of your concerns have already been addressed by our team, so thank you again for your feedback.

We hope that as an Annual Pass member, you will come back and visit us again soon to have a much more enjoyable experience. Please feel free to e-mail us at westchester@legolanddiscoverycenter.com if you have any additional comments or concerns and we would be happy to discuss them with you!

Once again, I do apologize and we hope to see you again soon!