“OK for 5 and up”

Buy Tickets Online
More Info
$19.99*
and up
LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Westchester Admission...
Ranked #1 of 11 Fun & Games in Yonkers
More attraction details
Owner description: Jump into the biggest box of LEGO bricks ever! Over 3 million LEGO® bricks under one roof...-MINILAND - see your favorite New York landmarks!-Kingdom Quest - an interactive LEGO laser ride-4D Cinema - feel part of the story-Master Model Builder - learn LEGO secrets-Birthday parties, school workshops and a huge LEGO shop!Come and experience the ultimate family entertainment attraction for LEGO fans of all ages!
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I took my 2 boys (6 and 3 years old). They are HUGE lego fans and were so excited to go to Lego discovery center. The "lego factory" was a joke.. you are so excited to get into the place and this room basically has several computer screens and buttons to push. Having toured the Crayola "factory" out in PA, I thought we would actually see legos being made but this really seemed to be just a distraction before the first ride. The main room was my biggest complaint. My boys went racing to enter the jungle gym thing and my 3 year old was turned away because he was too small which cause a huge melt down by my younger son. All he wants to do is race after his older brother. Secondly, if you dont have 2 adults, now you have to distract the second one while hoping the first one does not come out of the "cage" and wonder off. I was told that the duplo area was for the younger kids but this is a very simple slide which my son did go up and down 4-5 times but we were done well before my older son was out of the middle area. We did play with the soft large legos but again, we were finished with this area in 15 mins. We go to playgrounds at home 5 times a week with much more exciting slides that this one. The play ground down by the Cheesecake factory is more entertaining and that is free.

We were basically "done" with lego discovery center and I looked at my watch - we had only been there an hour. I have to say that my kids were "too young" or "too hyper" to do the master builder or the race cars. The second ride seemed too scary for my yonger son. If I had a daughter, I would have been insulted by the "friends" area. It was just a pink and purple lounge from what I could see.

For the price, I would not be rushing back any time soon. Of course the only exit is through the gift shop - like another reviewer I tried to use my Lego VIP card and was turned away. I was shocked how much my lego purchases added up to - I am not that much for checking prices but it did seem much more expensive that I typcially pay for lego stuff.

Over all my boys did have a fun time but for the money - We were out of the place in less than 2 hours and spent a huge amount of money.

1  Thank LisaSmith67
LDCWestchester, Marketing at LEGOLAND Discovery Center Westchester, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Hi LisaSmith67,

Thank you for your review. We apologize that your recent visit did not live up to your expectations. Please be aware that there are height restrictions in place strictly for our guests' safety as that is an absolute top priority. Also, children are not able to leave the LEGO City Soft Play zone without an adult, so please be assured that your older son would have been safe until your return!

The LEGO Racers: Build & Test zone & the Master Builder Academy are some popular guest's favorites, so if you come back and visit us, be sure to check those areas out! The LEGO Friends area is also very popular among both our male & female guests because there is karoake and a LEGO build area!

In regards to our price, we feel that our tickets are priced competitively considering the range of activities that we have to offer inside our attraction. We are unfortunately not able to accept LEGO VIP Points in our gift store because we are owned and operated by Merlin Entertainments Group, not the LEGO Group.

I am glad to hear that your boys had a fun time despite your concerns and we hope to see you again in the future!

Kind regards,

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Just returned from LEGOLAND, Yonkers an am disappointed that I have purchased season passes to this attraction.

I visited LEGOLAND with my son and grandson at 6 PM ...April 19, 2013.

When we arrived...the clerk had trouble getting our cards processed.

We passed through the lobby and had to look for the push button to enter the site.

When we got inside...the first two machines for children to see how he lego bricks are
made were not working.

The girl assigned to this area never spoke to us...so we just passed on through.

No complimentary lego cube was offered or given to my grandson who is 5.

We walked on to where the laser gun ride was and there was no line. We hopped on and
but found that 2 of the 4 laser guns were not working.

There was no one at the picture stand so we did not purchase the picture.

We walked through the miniature Lego city and on to where children can make cars to race
down ramps with supplied Lego. However...there were enough wheels for about 4 cars and
there were many more children.
The area was in total disarray...Lego pieces all over the floor...extremely untidy.
No employee in evidence in this area.

The hand cleanser dispenser was empty.

The kitchen Lego area was upside down and the Lego was all over the floor.

There was only one employee observed in the main play area and I counted at least
20 children. ..which is not enough supervision for children of this age.

There was no line for the only other ride at this venue and the squeak from the ride whether
intentional or unintentional was extremely annoying.

When I went to the kiosk to fill out questions about my visit...I waited for
one person to finish...after 15 minutes of waiting ...I gave up.

I also noticed at least 5 people enter the attraction from the Lego store without paying and
no one was watching. The 2 fellows at the counter were chatting with each other.

They had the right idea...The visit to LEGOLAND should have been free...none of us should have had to pay. The place was disgraceful...and the food is horrible and overpriced.

2  Thank C B

Hi C B,

Thank you for feedback. We sincerely apologize for your disappointing experience as this is definitely not the type of experience that we strive to provide to our guests.

Providing memorable experiences is our absolute type priority at LEGOLAND Discovery Center Westchester. We appreciate your understanding that we are working as quickly as possible to iron out the kinks since our recent grand opening. We are constantly working to improve and several of your concerns have already been addressed by our team, so thank you again for your feedback.

We hope that as an Annual Pass member, you will come back and visit us again soon to have a much more enjoyable experience. Please feel free to e-mail us at westchester@legolanddiscoverycenter.com if you have any additional comments or concerns and we would be happy to discuss them with you!

Once again, I do apologize and we hope to see you again soon!

Kind regards,

Reviewed April 17, 2013

This week the kids have Spring Break. We took the kids (age 7 and 10) to Legoland Discovery Center in Yonkers. They are big lego fans. Thinking that it won't be crowded because the kids in NY are in school and it's midweek. Not thinking that there would be school trips going on. It wasn't too crowded but busy. I can imagine how crowded this place can get on the weekends. One of the staff mentioned that sometimes it gets so crowded here that you can't even move. The noise volume is very high there due to the amount of people in one large play room. It's not a big place. Has 2 mini rides and one short 4D film. The laser ride was fun and the film was entertaining. Lots of photo opportunities. The kids enjoyed the place. We were there for 2 1/2 hrs. The price of admission is definitely over priced. And we couldn't use our Lego VIP points in the store because they said they are not directly associated with Legos, which I found strange. So we didn't get anything there because we can purchase the same items at any Lego stores and either use our points or gain points for purchases, as a Lego VIP member. We also didn't eat there. For a kids meal, which included a peanut butter sandwich, drink, and snack in a plastic lego container for $15! Talking about over price. Even their penny machine was overpriced. They are usually 50 to 75 cents to smush a penny. They're charging $1. Their bathrooms were playfully decorated and very clean. My advise to you if you go to Legoland Discovery is that you avoid days where it'll be crowded. It would be a pleasant experience otherwise. Go at a time where you can spend a couple of hours without the kids complaining that they are hungry, so you don't have to buy a meal there. Parking is $3.25 for 6 hours (good price). It was something fun to do once. If you have been to Legoland Amusement park in FL, or CA ,don't come here. You'll be disappointed.

5  Thank OhMyCheese

Hi OhMyCheese,
Thank you for your review and for your recent visit. Please be aware that we did experience large crowds during our first few weeks being open, however we have certainly been working out the kinks! By encouraging our guests to pre-book their tickets online before visiting, we have been able to lessen the crowds that we experienced during our grand opening.

As for VIP Points, we not able to accept LEGO VIP Points because we are owned and operated by Merlin Entertainments Group, not LEGO.

We feel that our tickets are priced competively considering the range of activities that we have available to our guests! In regards to the price of lunch, that item you mentioned is priced higher because the LEGO Lunch Box is included with the meal. We have many other items in our cafe, like pizza and sandwiches around $4 to $5. Also, as a guest of LEGOLAND Discovery Center, you can receive validated parking to a discounted price of $1.75 for up to 3 hours, so be sure to ask our staff to validate your parking on your next visit!

LEGOLAND California and LEGOLAND Florida are theme parks and we are a LEGOLAND Discovery Center, which is a bit different! We strive to provide our guests with 2-3 hours of family fun, interaction and learning whereas the LEGOLAND Parks are typically a full day experience.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed April 13, 2013

The Legoland Discovery Center in Yonkers was a great family day trip. My two boys enjoyed every minute of our stay (5 hours) and were totaly entertained. The center is located at the Ridge Hil Mall and is very easy to get to right off I-87 South. There is a parking garage that is right off the entrance to the store and Legoland does give a little something off the parking ticket, so bring it in with you. We were there from 1:00pm until 7:30pm and only payed $3.00 for parking. The center has a snack stand, but the mall is very limited with kid family resturants. Most are high end like Cheesecake Factory and Bonefish Grill. Either pack a lunch or stop by Stew Leonards on the way in or out of the mall, it's about a mile away off of I-87. Bring your camera for photos, the center also takes pictures of you coming in and throughout that you can purchase. Also, you will exit the center through the gift shop (great business choice) and it's hard to say no to the young ones!

LDCWestchester, Marketing Assistant at LEGOLAND Discovery Center Westchester, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Thank you for visiting LEGOLAND Discovery Center Westchester and thank you for your feedback. We sincerely appreciate all guest feedback and we are so glad to hear that you had a wonderful time on your visit! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Given the brand, Lego, I would expect more build areas for the kids. The main attraction was the large play structure where all the kids spent most of their time. I took my 7 year old and my 10 year there expecting more information about Lego (background, history, competitions, etc) as well as more area for creativity. (Isn't that what Lego represent). It was a bit pricey for the little that was offered.
Although we've been to Legoland, I did not have the expectation that it would be anything close to that caliber, however, having also been to the Lego KidFest event that travels around the country, my kids enjoyed that more than this Discovery Center. More challenges, build areas that explore one's creativity, both for children and adults.
At this place, we stretched our stay, but honestly, if there lines weren't too long, a family can get through it all in 2 hours.(depending if your kids are willing to leave the play structure.)
Good to visit once, but definitely not worth the annual pass if you are kids older than 6 or 7.

3  Thank Cmoyboy