“Delicious meal at a reasonable price”

Nawab Pakistani - Indian Cuisine
Ranked #81 of 323 Restaurants in Yonkers
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi
Mid-Hudson Valley, NY
“Delicious meal at a reasonable price”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

My husband picked this restaurant, as he wanted some Indian food and was intrigued by their offering of a buffet. Unfortunately, it wasn't made clear on their website that the "daily" buffet wasn't available on Sunday, at least not the day we went there. After getting over the initial disappointment, we reviewed their special luncheon menu. Pricing for your entree, which includes Naan and rice, was $8.99 pp. They did provide us each with bottled water, which they charged extra for. I didn't have an issue with this; however, you should be aware there's an extra charge for beverages. The gentleman who waited on us was very polite and professional and the meals were served very quickly. My husband and my daughter's boyfriend both ordered the Chili Chicken, my daughter ordered the White Lentil entree and I ordered one of my favorite entrees, the Palak Paneer. I took a taste of both my husband's and daughter's entrees and, I can tell you, all three of these were very flavorful and absolutely delicious! The Naan was fresh, warm and soft. The rice was also very good and complimented our dishes perfectly. The venue itself is small, but very nicely decorated and has high ceilings that give it a more spacious feeling. All-in-all, we enjoyed the restaurant and plan to go back for the buffet.....but will be sure to call ahead to ensure they're serving it on the day we plan to go.

• Visited July 2014

Yonkers, New York
“Oh So Spicy!”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

First visit to this little neighborhood spot.It isn't very big but well laid out. The aromas got me when I entered,so good! The chicken appitizer we shared was enough for four people. I had a shrimp dish in a creamy curry sauce(and I look forward to having the rest tonight!) which looked like it wasn't very much but I was wrong. My partner had a chicken dish in a cury,also very good as was the garlic nam. I would have prefered more vegetables on the plate. They did serve a salad plate of lettuce,tomato,& cucumber. White rice also served.
The gratis rice pudding we shared was the best I've had in years!

• Visited April 2014
New York
“Great Buffett”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Went last Saturday to try this recomended Indian Restaurant and was not disappointed. There is parking in alot about 50feet from the restaurant reserved for guests. The buffett has avergood selection from salad to dessert. While the dishes are mostly chicken They are prepared several ways all tasting GREAT. Several vegtables including rice and potatoes. Nann bread served at the table Service was top notch and the food was refilled as needed. Cost avery resonable $13.95 for all you can eat You can not beat it The buffett is Saturday and Sunday Saw the menu for lunch specials during the week We ceretainly will return

• Visited March 2014
Stratford, Connecticut
“Good Indian/Pakistani food in historic location”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Nawab is a very good Indian/Pakistani restaurant in downtown Yonkers located on the ground floor of the historic Grand Roosevelt Ballroom. Excellent tikki masala, samosas, naan and vegetable entrees. A lunch buffet is now available only for dining in - was previously for takeout too. The staff and service are very eager to please and they are warm and friendly.

• Visited August 2013
Bronx, New York
“Amazing food”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Very impressed by the freshness of their food. One of the best restaurant I have ever been to, the food is amazing. You can tell its freshly made. Everything I ordered was made perfectly based on my request. its a place that would definatlty save everybody a trip to Queens or city to go eat halal food and the quality is the best. The service is amazing the owners are so welcoming and friendly. In such short period of time they have done very well and are still very eager to improve the restuarant and the attached beautiful ballroom they have for events of all sort. I defiantly recommend it.

• Visited July 2013