“Service here makes the difference”
Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #34 of 329 Restaurants in Yonkers
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I know people will say "How do you rate a chain restaurant with a very good score?" The difference here is the staff and service provided. Right now I am on extended travel project for work and this Applebee's is a very comfortable walk from the Residence Inn located across the street and up the hill.
I have been working in Yonker's Monday through Thursday since July and for the next couple of months so being convenient I have eaten here several times each week. I always arrive close to 7:00 pm and sit at the bar where Josh, Jennifer and Nicole take great care of me. They have half price appetizers 4 til close and $3.00 domestic pints. The pretzels with beer cheese are amazing but they are filling and can ruin your appetite, but wow are they good. I know I may be receiving outside the normal treatment being here almost every night but there are a lot of regulars here and that speaks volumes. The front manager is the most pleasant person in the place and she seems to have her staff well trained on attention to detail. I constantly see staff rushing to open doors and refill drinks.
As I right this review I am a bit bummed, they will be closed tonight due to electrical issues, where to watch the ball games tonight?

Reviewed September 2, 2013

On a recent trip to Yonkers we ordered Applebee's to go. Was told it would be ready in 15 minutes and they would bring it to my car. Arrived, waited an additional 20 minutes, received my order and returned to the hotel only to find one order was incomplete and one non-existent. Called the restaurant back and was told to come back and it would be ready and waiting when I arrived. Another twenty minutes later I finally got the rest of the order. One small container of catsup was provided for three orders of fries! When I asked for more a second was provided with the comment that catsup had been provided already. No comment was made regarding sorrow for the incomplete order, just a sorry for the wait after I asked a waitress to check on it for me. No sorry your other meals are now cold and no longer tasty either. Will be looking for a new place to eat on our next visit.

1  Thank mariuscat
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Disappointing experience. Although seated promptly, were left at our table for 15-20 minutes. Finally, someone came over and asked whether someone had come by to take our drink order--no one had. Food was average but service was poor. Typical Applebee's menu and good variety of items.

1  Thank HARRY M
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We went here a few times during our stay in Yonkers and couldn't have been happier with the speed of service. Applebees is just another chain restaurant, so don't go here to be wow'd for the food, but it we were impressed with how fast the kitchen worked and how friendly the staff was.

1  Thank Eli N
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Staying in a nearby hotel made dining in this Applebee's seemingly convenient. We arrived, party of 6, and waited about 15 mins to place our order and 20mins to be served. Our children received their meals last!!!! Their portion sizes were all wrong, my husband had less fries than my son. My fries were stale and my son sliders had scorched cheese on top. When I brought it to my server's attention she cheerfully disregarded the entire convo. It didn't affect her either way because the 18% gratuity was included on our check!! Don't waste your time here.