“Needs a lot of work”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
“Needs a lot of work”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I'll start out with friendly service (though not great by any means) and an ok bruschetta appetizer. It's a shame because Brio is gorgeous inside. In that area there's a bunch of other chain restaurants. The husband and I were tired of Cheesecake Factory, Havana Central and decided to try something different so we wouldn't run Yard House into the ground, enter Brio, which was empty but still had a wait.

We sat down and the menu looked promising and pricey. I was starving so I ordered the bruschetta of the day which was something with spinach and chicken. We were off to a good start although the chicken was unnecessary and made it an open faced sandwich not a little bite. The husband ordered some seafood pasta which was a pretty hefty price and I decided to get the risotto with sweet potato and chicken. I figured even if the rice was messed up (it wasn't gonna be perfect risotto it's a chain) it would still be ok flavors. Nope. The flavors never meshed. And the chicken tasted off and made me pretty nice and sick the next day. The husband looked punished eating his meal and finally just gave up saying he didn't like it. We decided maybe dessert could salvage it and had the chocolate bread pudding. It was weird, that's honestly all I can manage to say.

Maybe I'll wait and give Brio another try, it usually takes someone else saying they want to go for me to try it again. But one visit alone left a pretty lasting impression. Try harder Brio, I want to like you.

1 Thank Mrs A

new york
“We liked it!”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

There were a lot of mixed reviews on Trip Advisor and since we always like to check things out for ourselves anyway, we gave it a shot. The service was ok. Our waitress was a bit hard to get a hold of when we needed something and honestly had a bit of an attitude when we tried to sign up for the rewards card. However, the meal made up for that part of the evening. I went here with my mom for a little bit of a girls' night out and we had a terrific meal. The food arrived fresh and hot and we enjoyed every single thing we had including the bread. The atmosphere was very nice and it's in a convenient spot to go shopping before or after the meal or to a movie, which we did. I had the Sausage Peperonata Pomodoro and the dish was huge. The sausage was spiced perfectly and it was quite tasty. Pasta done to perfection. My mom had the Pasta Brio and enjoyed every bite of it. We didn't have dessert because we went somewhere else after the movie but the selections looked great and very tempting. We would definitely return. Try to go early if you can. We went on a Saturday around 4:30 and didn't have to wait but while we were there eating our meal, we noticed the line got very long. There is additional seating outside so in the warmer months, that is a nice touch.

• Visited October 2012
Piscataway, New Jersey
“Bad Service Drowned Out Good Food”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

A friend and I decided to stop here for lunch above the other options in the area, and frankly it was disappointing. Not sure I would go again. Admittedly the food was very tasty and the atmosphere pleasant & airy, but our server had a major attitude and that rather ruined the whole experience. Even the hosts were clustered at the front talking and playing with their cell phones so it made it seem like we were disturbing their leisure time to ask a question.

The last straw came when our server brought us the bill before asking if we wanted coffee or dessert. As we had planned to linger and talk over coffee, this put a damper on our plans. We talked for a few more minutes ignoring the bill and she persisted in coming over to move us along, rolling her eyes. Honestly we had barely been there an hour which I thought was fine,particularly considering the prices you pay and that it was not at all crowded. This is one of the rare times that I actually had to stiff the server.

• Visited July 2012
“Good Italian !!!”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Tasty and good portion...
I love the Atmosphere and a 4 stars service, Brio is a big enough for a private party too!
Foods: we ordered a Cesar Salad , tasty dressing and if you order a steaks or pasta add on salad is $ 3.95 not bad at all.. and I also ordered a Brio Crab and Shrimp cakes is good but not very good... also, Campanelle Carbonara Uhm! big plate and very good!
I am looking forward to have a Birthday party there, Classy and good foods...

New York City, New York
“Spacious new restaurant earns high marks!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Brio, in the Ridge Hill shopping complex, is an inviting place to eat lunch or dinner with friends and/or family. Our large party of seven enjoyed appetizers, wine, entrees and dessert all with very attentive service. The hot bread and fried calamari served with both aioli and marinara sauces were crispy and light. The salads, which only cost $3.95 with an entree, were large and tasty. The dinner entrees also were no small portions and very delicious. Not everyone could finish the food that we attempted to gobble down. These included a variety of shrimp, crab cake and veal dishes . We all shared a yummy slice of caramel chocolate cake to celebrate a birthday, since we were all full. A great time was had by all, so I highly reccomend this restaurant if you are in the neighborhood and don't mind paying $3.25 to park your car. We will definitely return.

1 Thank NYCSnowBird