“excellent Cuban food ”
Review of Havana Central

Havana Central
Reserve with OpenTable
Havana Central is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 338 Restaurants in Yonkers
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Havana Central evokes the 1950s golden era of Cuba, capturing Havana’s heyday as the world’s most tantalizing playground. Through its festive ambiance, vibrant décor and mouth-watering food, dining at Havana Central is like taking a mini vacation. Executive Chef Stanley Licairac’s traditional dishes like Vaca Frita, Ropa Vieja and Arroz con Pollo are an unmistakable celebration of Cuban cuisine. The cocktail list includes the best Mojitos and Sangrias in New York; the wine list is filled with Latin American favorites. Havana Central Times Square opened in 2005, followed by Havana Central Upper West Side in 2007. Hours and menus vary by location.
Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

if you are ever in Yonkers please stop by Havana Centeral. Great atmosphere and great service. and food was exceptional. definitely recommend.

1  Thank luo55

Reviewed June 9, 2018 via mobile

We went to this restaurant tonight for my birthday and thoroughly enjoyed our meals. We started with the empanadas, the cheese one and the pork one were delicious, the chicken one was a bit dried out. I had the braised pork entree with mashed yuca, it was full of flavor. My husband had the Cuban sandwich and said it was great. We got the churro ice cream bowl for dessert and also liked that. My red sangrias were delicious. The restaurant was busy and our waiter Diego let us know what was going the whole time. He gave us warnings that the kitchen was backed up and kept attentive with us.

Reviewed May 31, 2018

A taste of Latin food in a beautiful restaurant with excellent service. The pineapple chicken or catch of the day are great choices. My hubby goes for the carne asada. Sorry to day the Sangria is ordinary but the Mohito isn't bad just say not too sweet. We enjoy!

Reviewed May 28, 2018

Once again, it did not disappoint.
Since it was early we only ordered appetizers. Plaintain rellanos, arroz con red beans and ensalada. Awesome, tasty, full of Cuban flavor. Our waiter was attentive and friendly. The atmosphere was lively with conversations all around in a variety of languages. Didn't feel like we were in a mall restaurant.
Pleasant change from typical mall food.

Reviewed April 10, 2018

I had very fond memories of a Havana Central Restaurant located somewhere in the upper west side. I use to go there all the time especially for their delicious empanadas and was really sad when they closed down. I was visiting the Ridge Hill area and decided to stop by this location for lunch. I had really high expectations but was sadly disappointed.

I ordered from their lunch special menu which is available Monday through Friday 11 to 4 pm. It offers several entree options and 2 sides for $12.95 which is a pretty sweet deal. I opted to get the Cuban sandwich which was good but the pork was flavorless. For my sides I choose yellow rice which was extremely bland and maduros which were nice and ripe. My partner had the pernil, white rice and maduros. They were not impressed with the meal and described it as descent but lacking flavor. The biggest disappointment I had was with the empanadas which we ordered as an appetizer. I always associated Havanna Central with the best empanadas in the world but unfortunately they were on the verge of tasting burnt. I was not wow-ed by the 3 cheese empanada and my partner thought the shrimp empanada tasted like chicken.

As far the service our waiter was very friendly, funny and attentive. The decor in the restaurant gives an authentic cuban vibe. There is also live music on certain nights. Although, I was disappointed with my experience I would probably go back and give this location another chance.