“For the wait time and price.... Totally not worth it.”
Review of Havana Central

Havana Central
Reserve with OpenTable
Havana Central is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 327 Restaurants in Yonkers
Cuisines: Cuban
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Havana Central evokes the 1950s golden era of Cuba, capturing Havana’s heyday as the world’s most tantalizing playground. Through its festive ambiance, vibrant décor and mouth-watering food, dining at Havana Central is like taking a mini vacation. Executive Chef Stanley Licairac’s traditional dishes like Vaca Frita, Ropa Vieja and Arroz con Pollo are an unmistakable celebration of Cuban cuisine. The cocktail list includes the best Mojitos and Sangrias in New York; the wine list is filled with Latin American favorites. Havana Central Times Square opened in 2005, followed by Havana Central Upper West Side in 2007. Hours and menus vary by location.
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We waited 1 hr and 30 minutes for a table at Havana which was not ideal at all but okay because there were stores around we could shop at. Once we got in the decor was different but it was interesting. We were seated towards the back. The decor in that area was different from the rest of the restaurant. The bathroom was right next to the band playing and that was really frustrating and there was no clear sign for the bathroom.The waiter was nice. The drinks were weak. The lemonade was good though. The food was okay. Needed more flavoring. Skimpy on their sweet plantains. Empanadas were good. Overall, because it did not blow me away and the wait time was so long, I would not come again.

There are newer reviews for Havana Central

Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

So after waiting much too long at another restaurant at ridge hill we decided to try Havana out and I have to say it was a lot of fun. Would I recommend it for the food? Um ... So so but remember its a chain and chains are chains. It was okay and definitely different. But the atmosphere was great - very upbeat and having a live band on Saturday night was a great touch. I'd go back just for that.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

I'm a big fan of Havana Central in Times Square. The food and the service are great for the price point and I go there a lot for lunches.

I wanted to introduce my family to Havana Central at Ridge Hill. While the food is close to the same, the service is stunningly bad. I had the sugar cane chicken salad and it didn't have all the same ingredients as the NYC version so it wasn't as good. We were there for over 10 minutes and had to flag down a server to place our order. The restaurant was at most 20% full with a lot of people in uniform milling around not doing anything.

Our food came out quickly but when it was time to settle up, we again couldn't find a server to get us our check. My husband and son left to do some shopping and I had to go to the front desk to ask for our check.

This place has such potential but it needs to get servers or train the ones it has before we'll be back.

Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Went to Havana Central at Ridge Hill in Yonkers and was very pleased with the food. However, that was somewhat counterbalanced by the poor service we received.

First the good news. My son and I loved our seafood paella. The saffron rice was delicious, it came in a big pot, and there were lots if shrimp, mussels, squid and scallops included. My other sons arroz con pollo was also very tasty. Now the bad news. Our waitress disappeared for long periods of time, and at times we weren't sure if she had finished her shift and went home. In all honesty it was that poor. Just getting the check and paying took what seemed like forever.

In short, Havana Central is a nice restaurant in a good location. The food is very good and that's a great start. Now if they could improve in the service, it would be 4 stars all the way around.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

good drinks, fun vibe, decent food. Maybe a little overwhelming after a day of shopping in Ridge Hill but def a good place to meet friends for pre-gaming eats & drinks or date before movies upstairs. Best outdoor seating I've been to in a while- not cramped & the staff really pay attention to the guests outside.